Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm still here!

I'm still here!

I haven't been on in a while because I moved to Japan a few weeks ago. I visit an internet cafe about once a week, so if anyone is wondering, thats where I've been. Leave me a message in this thread and I'll check it everyweek if any wants.

Cheeers
    cp01ae
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

lucky bastard. live in my favourite country and my fav culture!!!!

lol hows the weather?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

many ricers there?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

i am sorry, but are you a member here at the forums ?!!

Osaka, Japan !! i would love to visit that place sometime. any tips about visiting the land of the rising sun ?
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

lol you'll get banned just like UK Cars in a post like that, ^^
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

japan is cool, and you cant diss them for raping and murdering people. america has done it, brittan has probably done it, hell i think australia has done it (aboriginal inhabitants were treated rather poorly for the first 150 years.) almost every country has commited war crimes of some description.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

the weather is pretty good, mostly dry, still pretty warm. The ricing isn't too bad, mostly actual sportscars and few civics and whatnot. there are quite a few souped up large sedans, Cedrics, and S500's, but some of them are owned by the Yakuza. there are a couple Lorinser S600's and CL600's around, and i see a white one all the time, the guy must own the pachinko parlour 5 minutes down the street. If you want to visit japan i suggest you pick up a lonely planet book. it lists many sights. other than that just explore. train rides are cheap and i visited Kyoto for about 6 dollars from my city, Osaka (one way) anyways, good to see that people are still willing to talk to me even if it means waiting a week for a response.

cheers

By the BY: what happend to the rep system? finally get dumped?

Quote Originally Posted by cp01ae
    By the BY: what happend to the rep system? finally get dumped?

Don't waste your time trying to find out. The big cars you see overthere will five years later find a second hand destination into asia. Traders put them into containers and there they go to Mongolia, Kazakhstan etc.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    man... u live in Japan??? that is so cool!.... did u get a job there?
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

do you knhow who to speak japanese ? ( waht a stupid question )
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos
    do you knhow who to speak japanese ? ( waht a stupid question )
    I AGREE....

"Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Yeah, I live in Japan now, I got a job teaching english. Me speak engrish much good. I only know how to say a few words in Japanese, but I'm learning two of the alphabets: Katakana and Hiragana. If you know anything about the language you'll probably have heard of them, its too much work to learn the Kanji symbols (the ones that were taken from Chinese. there are thousands of them) The keyboards are horrible here, they have mostly the same basic layout, but most of the punctuation and symbols are in differnt places and there are so many more buttons in the keyboard, at times it can be frustrating. Especially if you accidentially hit a button that changes it to Japanese characters.

It's a pretty cool place, I live in Osaka, but I miss the openness and space of home (Canada). Lots of sweet cars and electronics everywhere. I think my cellphone has more power than a 5 year old computer!

So whats anyone think of the current state of Formula One or any racing or cars in general?

So whos gonna be driving for Williams next year with Webber?

Quote Originally Posted by cp01ae
    So whos gonna be driving for Williams next year with Webber?
    you are not the only one who wants to know.

Thats so awesome! I want to go to Japan and bring back a Supra! Seriously though does it pay good? i was considering actually doing what youre doing for a while, added bonus is if you buy a car while youre over there and have proof of ownership when you come back, you can get it into the country with much less restrctions then a normal import car How did you get the job? is there an agency or something? Does it pay well?
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information