Thread: My visit to the Jaguar Showroom

My visit to the Jaguar Showroom

I just wanned to share an amazing experience I had today... A friend of mine works at the Jaguar Showroom here in Qatar, so I went to visit him there. I thought it would be a typical visit to a showroom so I didnt bother taking any cameras o shit... and now I regret it.
    He usually takes me on a tour to see the latest cars they have and whats in for repairs and stuff... Today there were 3 supercharged S-Types all bought by the same person. Apparently he owns 12 other supercharged S-Types already and he doesnt want to let anybody in this country own a supercharged Jaguar.... so he has told the showroom to tell him when a shipment of supercharged Jaguars come to Qatar for him to buy them... imagine this... 15 times 51,000 pounds or 15 times $78,000... that is too much money.
    There were two 1937 Jaguar Panthers in the showroom as well... built in 1970 for display... very nice! There was a completely wrecked XKR and a completely wrecked XK8 they were working on... my heart sank when I saw them... and in one of the corners... there was the only 'XJ220' in Qatar!! in for repair because of an oil leak or something... I even sat in it!! A moment to savour.
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

That sounds excellent! Shame the Jaguar dealers in the UK have become entirely corporate and you'll barely ever see a Jaguar not in the current range. My local Jaguar dealer is next to an Aston Martin dealer and I dont look at the Jaguars because you know what will be there .. a dozen XK8's and XKRs, 15 X-types and just as many S-types. The Aston dealer is a bit better because they have all ages of Aston .. V8 Vantage, DB7 Zagato, Db5's etc.

Ive sat in an XJ220 once because my brother was organising the James Bond exhibit for the British Motor Museum and they let me sit in the one that they have there and various other cars too .. including the actual Bond DB5 and a GT40. The XJ220 is an amazing car to look at and sit in .. its a moment you will never forget for the rest of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Ive sat in an XJ220 once because my brother was organising the James Bond exhibit for the British Motor Museum and they let me sit in the one that they have there and various other cars too .. including the actual Bond DB5 and a GT40. The XJ220 is an amazing car to look at and sit in .. its a moment you will never forget for the rest of your life.
    Shame you didn't know of the Egg-Nog challenge, a sheet of paper and you could have been famous on UCP
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    thats sounds awesome i was in pasedena ca over the summer and at jaguar they had an XJ220 it was sweet i have a pic if i find it ill be sure to post it
    "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

i saw one a couple of weeks ago, at the concours d'elegance@paleis het loo.no pics of it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Shame you didn't know of the Egg-Nog challenge, a sheet of paper and you could have been famous on UCP
    Lol - I still know the people there Im not going to Beaulieu again, not since I got completley bored at the Autojumble (more like an expensive scrapyard if you ask me).

ive never sat in an XJ220. i was on my way to my University & i passed this huge new showroom which is under construction. it is of Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Jaguar, Land Rover, Ferrari & Maserati since the distributor of these manufacturers in the UAE is the same.

Jaguar & Land Rover recently opened a new head office in dubai which will manage the sales of 40 countries in the Middle East & Africa.

Jaguar was also the sponsor of the dubai world cup which is the world's richest horse race.

Thread Information