43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Keep it!

28 65.12%
  • No, bin it...

15 34.88%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rep! Good Or Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I am a fan of the No Neg Rep part of your thinking, Taz, but when this happens, you never know when your doing wrong, until it's too late.
    You just gave me an idea! Instaid of neg repping, a "you've been recomemded for a ban" thingy. If a member is doing something wrong, any other member can click on the ban recomended botton. What happenes then? The person who gets recomemded for a ban, gets an automated meesege warning him or her and all the mods get an automated messege with a link to the offensive post, then if one of the mods agrees with the proposed ban, they can implement it right away if they so choose. What would keep people from abusing this? If they do, they are the ones that get banned.

This way the people who care about rep can get it back. I'm sorry if I'm posting a lot on the subject, but I've come to care about UCP and want to contribute to it's on going succes.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I'll give it two weeks.... I may be gone for good too.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Oh how i can imagine that will be exploited.

I liked the idea about having only Mod's can Neg-Rep, but maybe when someone asks for another person to be neg-repped, they should be put under investigation too!

What do you think?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Oh how i can imagine that will be exploited.

I liked the idea about having only Mod's can Neg-Rep, but maybe when someone asks for another person to be neg-repped, they should be put under investigation too!

What do you think?
    That's my idea, you see, when you mods get the recomendation for ban notice it will have a link to the post that's supposed to be offensive. Let's say it isn't offensive in any way and the person who recomemded the ban just didn't like it becuase the poster disagreed with him or something to that effect. Then, it would be the member who recomended the ban that would get banned for abusing the feature. Am I making sence here?
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 09-17-2004 at 09:37 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Perfect Sense.

But how to implement it?

Perfect Sense.

But how to implement it?
    I guess the first step would be to talk to Wouter and the other mods about it, I sure Wouter could implement it.

this thread is getting more and more ridiculous for excuses on why the rep system wasnt working well....It WAS!

If you cant handle being a moderator, and the so called "annoyances", then make me one and ill deal with it you big wusses! Then u can go about the forums in "peace and tranquility", where nothing bad ever happens.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Famous last word there WERTY.

I'll be sure to make the suggestion in the Mod forums.

And when you've been doing this for nigh on a year and a half, werty, tell me.

I like the rep

What if rep could only be given in certain circumstances? like if someonw was recommended for a rep boost and then another member had to second it to go through, or what if rep could only be given for the games we play or something and renamed to like "games won" or something similar, i think if you want to let someone know they made a good post then PM them and leave the rep thingy out of it, its really just a little sign saying "im popular!" i had 47 rep, im not crying or mourning over it, Werty you had 110, impressive but nevertheless it was a little sign "im popular." thats all it ever was and all itl ever be if its brought back. i think a change to its ok but if its not coming back then im not going to lose sleep over it. I voted it goes.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    this thread is getting more and more ridiculous for excuses on why the rep system wasnt working well....It WAS!

If you cant handle being a moderator, and the so called "annoyances", then make me one and ill deal with it you big wusses! Then u can go about the forums in "peace and tranquility", where nothing bad ever happens.
    Werty, I know you're upset, but with comments like this you're not helping the rep system return. I don't agree that system was working all that well, it was open to abuses and misuse.

If you really want it back, make some usefull suggestions on how to improve it so it can comeback.

Thread Information