Thread: TV ONE announce live coverage of Bathurst for NZ

TV ONE announce live coverage of Bathurst for NZ

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/l...nd=M&gid=13082

V8 Supercar classic live in New Zealand

Release Date: 27/09/2004

The traditional flagship of the V8 Supercar Championship Series, the internationally acclaimed Bob Jane T-Marts Bathurst 1000, will be broadcast live into the homes of all New Zealanders for the first time next month.

TV ONE in New Zealand will beam the entire race from Mount Panorama into New Zealand homes on free-to-air television in conjunction with Australian host broadcaster Network Ten.

“It’s a major step for us and an effort to provide a better insight into what the kiwi drivers are up to on the day and follow their progress a little closer “ said TV ONE Producer David Turner.

The show - Shell Helix Motorsport - will go on air on Sunday morning October 10th from 11am (New Zealand Daylight saving time) until 8pm that evening with live coverage all day from Bathurst. It will also be the show’s 300th episode.

Australian Vee Eight Supercar Company (AVESCO) Chief Executive Wayne Cattach said the news that the event would be beamed live to New Zealand was further testament to the growing international stature of the sport.

“New Zealand is one of the many countries across the world that will watch one of Australia’s greatest sporting traditions and largest single sporting events live,” Mr Cattach said.

“We are the third most popular sport in Australia and it’s great to see we are being recognised that way.”

The V8 Supercar Championship Series features New Zealand teams Tasman Motorsport and Team Kiwi Racing as well as drivers Greg Murphy (Kmart Racing), Jason Richards, Simon Wills and Craig Baird.

“The show has done some amazing things over the years leading up to this 300th episode that I am very proud of and I hope we have serviced our Motorsport fans well during that time,” Turner said.

“In my eyes Motorsport begins at home and the talent we have here is as good as anywhere in the world.”

This also shows TVNZ’s now long standing “Free to Air” commitment to screening Motorsport in this country and the amount of coverage they give the sport.

ONE Sports coverage from Bathurst will be LIVE 11am to 8pm Sunday October 10. Australian viewers will see Bathurst live on Friday, Saturday and Sunday on Network Ten.
    I am the Stig

NewZealanders should be happy to hear that
    coltyu. d;-)!

Woohoo, w00t w00t w00t!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay...

This rocks!!

Is it just me, or does Radisich always get left out when people are saying the NZ drivers in the series?
    I am the Stig

I didnt know he was NZ
    coltyu. d;-)!

Aw well, suppose you do know
    I am the Stig

Don't believe everything you read in AVESCO press releases.
    Since 1984, the Bathurst 1000 has been shown live on free to air television in every year except 1988 and 1989. Mostly the full race has been shown. In recent years I believe that they have cut into the coverage to show the news. This year they decided to show the news after the race.
    So 2004 was not the first time the race has been shown live on TV in NZ by any stretch of the imagination.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

I must protest!

It is interesting that it is since 1984 that you mention. As all Orwell fans will know this was the year in which the television became a mind control devise to hypnotise the masses. Could it me that motor sport coverage is being used in this manner today in order to create a clone army?

Comments!

ay1 like tvr's?

Thread Information