Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: exclusive for people that want to be banned

Wouter has said that any post/thread that is only to promote another site is spam.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    so if someone say... "hey go to this site to see the latest news on blah blah blah..." would u consider that as spam? i dont think so...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    so if someone say... "hey go to this site to see the latest news on blah blah blah..." would u consider that as spam? i dont think so...
    If it was someone that came on and ONLY posted that, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Wouter has said that any post/thread that is only to promote another site is spam.
    my impression of the post was that it was about a guy who wanted to talk about brochures and may be trade them. I can't check it right now because the thread is gone, but if his post was purely to present his site, then he failed, because I never went there. I made a comment on the first reply he received because it was really stupid, and some others supported me in this later on. I was really surprised to read that it was removed.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    my impression of the post was that it was about a guy who wanted to talk about brochures and may be trade them. I can't check it right now because the thread is gone, but if his post was purely to present his site, then he failed, because I never went there. I made a comment on the first reply he received because it was really stupid, and some others supported me in this later on. I was really surprised to read that it was removed.
    The post you are referring to was in frustration because of the number of times it had been posted in numerous forums. Even if a thread ISN'T to promote another site, it is easily considered spam if it is posted all over the place.

If you want an example of Wouter's opinion on the issue, there was a thread created the other day by fastautos posting a link to his own site with new pictures of the 612 Scaglietti. This is a member who has posted in threads that aren't promoting his site and (I think) he is also someone that Wouter talks to off the forums. However, Wouter still deleted the thread himself - as spam. Wouter makes the rules, Wouter sets the examples. I just follow.

If you want an example of Wouter's opinion on the issue, there was a thread created the other day by fastautos posting a link to his own site with new pictures of the 612 Scaglietti. This is a member who has posted in threads that aren't promoting his site and (I think) he is also someone that Wouter talks to off the forums. However, Wouter still deleted the thread himself - as spam. Wouter makes the rules, Wouter sets the examples. I just follow.
    Within 24 hours from now I will be in a perfect position to get all the clarification I want then
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

How long have you been travelling?

How long have you been travelling?
    too long

poor guy...or do u njoy it? and where were u, if u dont mind me asking...still in asia? gona b passin by U.A.E.?
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

Thread Information