Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we losing members??

Are we losing members??

^ I think the name says it all ^.

Its not that I havent seen as many posts, I just keep seeing the same names. How many members do we have compared to how many we had last year?
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    ^ I think the name says it all ^.

Its not that I havent seen as many posts, I just keep seeing the same names. How many members do we have compared to how many we had last year?

hardly any because last year we had thousands of people who registered then never said anything, i think that all of them were deleted during the big change round session. I dont think that we are loosing members, there were a few that left over the whole REP thing which if you ask me was a bit stupid why leave a forum because you dont get a green box ?

Its mainly the same people postng alot because i think that some of us have alot to say and most threads now arent getting many replied, like we used ot make a thread about a video or a set of pics and there used to be lots of replies in there, now were lucky if we get one or two replies

The forum might be getting a bit 'bland' at the moment but i dont think its because were loosing members its just because there isnt alot going on.

Hey we can always rely on Karrmann to bring something up

Wouter *hint* *hint* video section
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I actually have noticed more members lately. Not the total amount of members, cause of course that grows everyday, but I mean the amount of members online and posting at the same time.

Today is friday, check the forum again on Monday in the afternoon and you'll notice a bigger amount of ppl

we start losing some menbers since the rep was thaken ....
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

I don't mind, we have got plenty of good quality members..

Well, we get very fewer responses to threads since the whole REP catastrophe
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Well, we get very fewer responses to threads since the whole REP catastrophe
    ^exactly, i have gotten almost no repsonses to stuff i post, compared to when rep was still being used
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

it's rather dissapointing, but maybe UCP will jump back up again.

Ya know, part of it might be school, school started about the same time rep ended, coincidence??

hey, at least you still got me to keep this place interestimg, like mustang said

Not interesting, just stupid

so what? if you see the same people over and over, it becomes more of a small community, and less of a huge load of people making chaos in the forums. its better when there is alot of people, but not SO many that there are so many threads that you never see people again.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I don't mind, we have got plenty of good quality members..
    Spastik Roach is correct, the quality of the post have gone up. Who wants a member that post just becuase he or she is hoping to get a +1 from someone? I find the threads and post quite interesting, informative and even entertaning.

And Niko is right when he says we have new members, and since they were not here during the rep days, those who stick around will do so becuase of what we as a community have to say.

Do I want UCP to keep getting new members? Sure I do! But members that have something to contribute, what's the point of a forum if you don't talk to people you can learn something from?
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    so what? if you see the same people over and over, it becomes more of a small community, and less of a huge load of people making chaos in the forums. its better when there is alot of people, but not SO many that there are so many threads that you never see people again.

I agree with what youre saying, but this chaos you speak of is exactly what keeps a forum exiting, not bland.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

If I wouldn't have a sort of private interest in UCP I doubt whether I would have stayed on the forums as long as I have been. (since the start). What I noticed is that many people come, start posting a lot, then less and finally disappear without a trace and I think it will stay like this. If you look at the topics many things have been dealt with already, and the same subjects keep coming back (latest poll: What is the greatest supercar). It is like a magazine, there are the devoted readers that will order a lifetime subscription and there are those who take it for a year and then move elsewhere. No harm in that, there is also a group of devotees here on the forums, and even that is prone to changes over time. Nothing to worry about, this is just how it goes.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

true, i post less since school started, cos i dont have the time to search for things rigirously anymore.i also dont really have time to photoshop as much as i did this summer. next week our autumn holiday starts, and i gues , ill become the new post whore of ucp then...(for a week)

Thread Information