Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Is The Greatest Country On Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    NEW ZEALAND

its clean, its beautiful, and there r heaps of places u can go to
    Can you visit bilbo baggins?
    Please change that avatar its giving me a head ache!

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    what the hell is bilbo baggins? if that's where u came from i'm sure we dont have such place here... lol

NOPE! the avatar is staying lol...
    Last edited by r1ckst4; 10-23-2004 at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

HHAHAHA Bilbo Baggins is a character from Lord of the Rings. And seeing as the film was largely shot in New Zealand, he is telling you to go visit him. LOL

We need to get over our tribal ways and realize that we'll either all live together or we'll all die together.

Politics aside, the place where I'd most like to live is Nova Scotia, Canada.

Hey everyone,

I'm Canadian, and have only traveled around this country and parts of the US, so although I can't say anything about Australia, I do know one thing. Canada is far better a country that the US. I think the most obvious thing is the quality of the ppl, and what I mean is that (without any bias at all) Canadians are much nicer ppl, we look out for eachother, we aren't afriad of one another etc.......as for gov't....that's a given...we aren't trying to run the world and doing a bad job of it, our education is probably one of the best systems in the world, we actually care about the learning instead of feeding billions of dollars in sports which in the end only really help those kids that make it into the big leagues

Quote Originally Posted by volvo850t5r
    Hey everyone,

I'm Canadian, and have only traveled around this country and parts of the US, so although I can't say anything about Australia, I do know one thing. Canada is far better a country that the US. I think the most obvious thing is the quality of the ppl, and what I mean is that (without any bias at all) Canadians are much nicer ppl, we look out for eachother, we aren't afriad of one another etc.......as for gov't....that's a given...we aren't trying to run the world and doing a bad job of it, our education is probably one of the best systems in the world, we actually care about the learning instead of feeding billions of dollars in sports which in the end only really help those kids that make it into the big leagues
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    What Is The Greatest Country On Earth?
    If you put politics and economics aside, then all countries on earth are great.
    Because all ordinary people feel same, think same etc. And what comes to beautiful locations, you can find them anywhere.
    So IMHO there is no country that is superior to others (forget politics and economics for once).
    I know, I sound like some old hippie fart...
    However, there is one special little country that to me is far better than all others. Yes, it's the country where I live and have all my roots in - Estonia.
    I think most of us feel same way about our homelands, so lots of patriotism here !

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Revo
    If you put politics and economics aside, then all countries on earth are great.
    Because all ordinary people feel same, think same etc. And what comes to beautiful locations, you can find them anywhere.
    So IMHO there is no country that is superior to others (forget politics and economics for once).
    I know, I sound like some old hippie fart...
    However, there is one special little country that to me is far better than all others. Yes, it's the country where I live and have all my roots in - Estonia.
    I think most of us feel same way about our homelands, so lots of patriotism here !

Cheers!
    no one in this forum has ever said something so true... we all love our little country. putting pollitics and economics a side evry contry has nice people and great places.
    I love my country , i can not say its the best in the WORLD but hey i love its corrupt governement and even though we lost in the EURO 2004 final i still love evry little corner of it. HOt chicks lots of car fans and good weather. Portugal might not be THE BEST IN THE WORLD but i love it.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

MONACO

its a small country, but still a country
    can you imagine that in monaco there is no unemployment? thats beacuse only the prince of this country can tell you if you can live there or you have to get yourself outta there

switzerland is great as well although they've got very stupid laws there, for example in switzerland you can't use air conditioner in money exchange point or eat cheese on mondays

i dont have any opinion of australia because i havent been there and i dont know very much about culture and so on

living in china can be interesting

I'll Say Australia, Reason 1, It's the only country i have been in,
    Great food, Clean, Beaches, Sport, Cars, Weather, The people are helpful, Schools are good, Shopping centres are close by, the country is a great place to go it's so peaceful fresh air it's amazing, Great vacation spots, Melbourne is the worlds most livable city 2 years straight, And one thing we Melbourne people get bagged about is our weather, And the biggest reason we got the worlds most liveable city again was our weather, If you were born here you can pick the weather very easy, Outsiders don't have a clue.
    They say its sunny then cold then sunny hot then rain then sunny then rain,
    Tell you one thing, It goes like this wake up it's sunny you think you might go on a picknick, about 11AM its raining, then sun brakes through what do you do ?? Answer don't go out just yet, You think it's clear it isn't, It will rain again you just don't see it, Wait 1-2 hours pack the car and off you go, On the drive the sun will come out for 2 hours dry the place up and you can have you picknick, Then get home cause the rain will hit soon, That's Melbourne weather, Victorians know it, Some places will start with rain then sunny then rain all day and there goes the day, Not Melbourne the sun will always come out and give you a chance to do what ever you want
    Australia is a very multicultural country, You can go down to the city and pick up any food from all over the world,
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Country makes it a bit hard - especially for US, Australia, South Africa and probably even Russia. And of course Great Britain. Scotland is as different to Southern England or the Channel Islands as Alaska is to California !!

Washington State one of my favourite US places - Mt Cougar outside Everett near Washington and over to Lake Chelen (sp?) BEAUTIFUL. Oregan really stunning too.
    The US is a winner for having the diversity in one country.

Same with OZ, but I've not experienced it first hand

Switzerland if you're rich and naturalised. Without that it's just a clean France

Sweden for the lifestyle and people.

Finland for the clubbing and drinking and crazy party people ( close tie with Iceland )

Jo'burg, SA for the weather, country and the bries - but not so sure now, friends are saying it's getting worse

But I'm being honest ( and it's not patriotism ) that Scotland is the overal best. I've been lucky to have had the opportunities to work in and chose to stay in many places all over the world. What we have here is a caring society, a willingness to put others first and an attitude to work bloody hard and fight for what we've got. Plenty of water, plenty of energy, plenty of whisky And whilst we complain about the weahter, it's the temperate variability that makes it a fun palce - no boring here
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

are you joking scotland is one big field with lots of sheep

No thats NZ
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by TreVoR
    are you joking scotland is one big field with lots of sheep

theres no telling that your Jimbo's brother
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

I've never been outside of the US so I can't say that the US is the best country in the world. The US does have a great amount of variety. You can go to southern Florida where the weather is always nice or you could go to northern Alaska where there are no people and the weather is always cold. The US has some of the highest mountains, we also got vast areas that are almost completly flat, and even deserts. I could never live in a country that always had the same weather or had no mountains or oceans.

Thread Information