Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some countries that have never lost a war?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What are some countries that have never lost a war?

From what I can recall Russia, Finland, Switzerland, and Scotland never really lost any wars important but can anyone confirm this?

Sorry for the randomness of this thread but I was just wondering.

Ties do not count as losses (ie. in the winter war, it was a tie. Russia gained about 100 km square of land but lost 800,000 troops doing it. Finland lost only 20,000. So this can't really count as a Finnish loss. Plus: they only signed a treaty because they wanted to stop fighting, not because they couldn't win. Russia had similar thoughts.)
    Last edited by d-quik; 10-24-2004 at 04:20 PM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I would say that there are no real winners in war, and Russia, although techinically didnt lose WWII, might as well have. they backed out if i remember, plus they lost over 1 million soldiers. not to mention all the jews and others killed as the Germans came through. i think?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari View Post
    I would say that there are no real winners in war, and Russia, although techinically didnt lose WWII, might as well have. they backed out if i remember, plus they lost over 1 million soldiers. not to mention all the jews and others killed as the Germans came through. i think?
    The russians lost around 20 million of their own people during WWII. So we can pretty much say that they lost in order to win.

But are we talking about modern warfare? or are we accepting all of recollected history? Because thatd be real hard to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    The russians lost around 20 million of their own people during WWII. So we can pretty much say that they lost in order to win.

But are we talking about modern warfare? or are we accepting all of recollected history? Because thatd be real hard to work out.
    Sorry, but the win (maybe, unfortunately) isn't counted in people lost, but depends on the result. So, we won the WWII

Our loss was the Crimean war in XIX century when we opposed the united army of UK, France, Sardinia and Ottoman Empire
    Last edited by faksta; 04-07-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: war shouldn't be written from the big letter :p

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Our loss was the Crimean war in XIX century when we opposed the united army of UK, France, Sardinia and Ottoman Empire
    the german loss in the 20th century was when they opposed the UK, the USA, Canada, Austrailia, and the USSR....no matter how many countries you loose to, loosing is loosing.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    the german loss in the 20th century was when they opposed the UK, the USA, Canada, Austrailia, and the USSR....no matter how many countries you loose to, loosing is loosing.
    I didn't mean this. Just counted them

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    the russians had a lot more people to lose, sad as that might be.
    plus, hitler was a 'pins in the map' general, so the germans were pretty much screwed from the start given the size of russia.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

umm usa vietnam we backed out of we werent defeated

Quote Originally Posted by modena
    umm usa vietnam we backed out of we werent defeated
    USA has lost a couple wars, can't necessarily recall the two. btw, Vietnam was considered a loss by most in the US. PS: where in bergen county do you live? I'm in dumont.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 03-25-2008 at 04:17 AM.

i know they lost to the British in the War of 1812 when they tried to invade Canada, but that's all i know

and a country that hasn't lost a war.........CANADA!!!
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    USA has lost a couple wars, can't necessarily recall the two. btw, Vietnam was considered a loss by most in the US. PS: where in bergen county do you live? I'm in dumont.

If your talking about VIETNAM we did not loose that war, we were forest out by U.N,please don't F whit U.S name one war that U.S lost it is al ways the U.N forcing us out.... you cant deny it we are the SUPER POWER!!!
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QUATTRO MAN
    If your talking about VIETNAM we did not loose that war, we were forest out by U.N,please don't F whit U.S name one war that U.S lost it is al ways the U.N forcing us out.... you cant deny it we are the SUPER POWER!!!
    What aload of crap you write.

you 'lost' in 2 "police actions".
    There's no shame in standing up to the reality of an unequal battle.
    It was the American press and home opinion that lost 'nam.

Don't go trying to rewrite history and blaming someone else.

Crap politics, using inappropraite tactics and weapons systems and resorting to chemical warfare all lead to failure.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    What aload of crap you write.

you 'lost' in 2 "police actions".
    There's no shame in standing up to the reality of an unequal battle.
    It was the American press and home opinion that lost 'nam.

Don't go trying to rewrite history and blaming someone else.

Crap politics, using inappropraite tactics and weapons systems and resorting to chemical warfare all lead to failure.

OH Matra i love it! i know how to ge you out of den
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

i may be mixin WW1 and WW2 or sumthing idk i dont listen in school
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    i may be mixin WW1 and WW2 or sumthing idk i dont listen in school
    you are mixing WW1 with WW2.
    Russia withdrew from WW1! not 2! and as a result the royal family was deposed, its how communism started in the country!

Sorry Luciferous, we have lost a war (well its battle but still) remember Gallipoli?
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information