Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some countries that have never lost a war?

what is your definition of 'recent'. mankind itself can be considered a recent event going by geological age
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    To be honest, now school-going kids have a very bad education in general. Recent history is my thing, or ancient Greeks/Romans.
    Well if the Romans are part of your expertise, you would have known that trampled all over the French. Except of course for that little coast town ...
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

To be honest, now school-going kids have a very bad education in general.
    you just left school, IIRC......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    what is your definition of 'recent'. mankind itself can be considered a recent event going by geological age
    For me that's be WW2 until nowadays. Before really isnt in my field of interest, so i dont read as much about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Well if the Romans are part of your expertise, you would have known that trampled all over the French. Except of course for that little coast town ...
    Actually the country France didnt exist. It was a more or less disorganised bunch of local kingdoms, called Gaul.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    you just left school, IIRC......
    That doesn't mean I can't criticise it We had some tests from the 70's and 80's when I was still on it. They were very difficult. The difference is not in our generation's brains, but in the lessened degree of ecuation. On certain subjects I definately feel I should have been teached more.

Actually the country France didnt exist. It was a more or less disorganised bunch of local kingdoms, called Gaul.
    Are you implying that the French are organised?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Except of course for that little coast town ...
    But surely historians have noted that their boar and potion heavy diet was the deciding factor there?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    But surely historians have noted that their boar and potion heavy diet was the deciding factor there?
    indeed, and the four roman forts erected to keep watch of the village can be taken as admission of defeat by the romans in the face of their ineffectiveness against said diet?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

On certain subjects I definately feel I should have been teached more.
    English maybe?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    indeed, and the four roman forts erected to keep watch of the village can be taken as admission of defeat by the romans in the face of their ineffectiveness against said diet?
    I think it says more about the stubbornness of the Roman's than an admission of defeat, though they never actually seemed lose any soldiers. Perhaps they were distracted by their fine moustaches?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I think it says more about the stubbornness of the Roman's than an admission of defeat, though they never actually seemed lose any soldiers. Perhaps they were distracted by their fine moustaches?
    maybe there were more Walhallas than just one

Kosovo didn't lose any war for sure

That doesn't mean I can't criticise it We had some tests from the 70's and 80's when I was still on it. They were very difficult. The difference is not in our generation's brains, but in the lessened degree of ecuation. On certain subjects I definately feel I should have been teached more.
    ...or you could've tried harder? Here we have college level classes in HS if you're good enough.

And boy, do I regret not taking advanced placement history.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    ...or you could've tried harder? Here we have college level classes in HS if you're good enough.

And boy, do I regret not taking advanced placement history.
    Oh yeah, I loved taking AP World History. My teacher is awesome. She taught us everything from the stone age all the way to the Cold War. And we knew it all.

Of course, my history is rusty now, since it's been two years, but I still have a good basic general knowledge of world history, thanks to her.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Kosovo didn't lose any war for sure
    just wait... Putin has big reserves of troops in Chechnya
    12 cylinders or walk!

To be honest, now school-going kids have a very bad education in general. Recent history is my thing, or ancient Greeks/Romans.
    Napoleon's pretty recent...

It was still the "Modern world"

Thread Information