View Poll Results: which one do you prefer?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • XBOX

17 33.33%
  • PS2

30 58.82%
  • Game Cube

4 7.84%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox V.s. Ps2

Xbox V.s. Ps2

so which would you want more , and which do you think is better.
    you could also vote for....game..........cube........eheheheheheh
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thumbs up

I vote for the PS2 coz its great
    but i think PS3 will really awesome

XBOX WHOOT WHOOT

Putting costs aside. . .

The XBOX has anywhere from 2x - 3x better performance in
    hardwear, wherever you look.

The reall difference comes from experence, game designers have knone what to expect from the ps2 for years, and theyr methode are near perfection, where as Xbox on the other hand, is a new out of the box concept. if u think about it that way... and look a couple years in the future, i could see Xbox passing the PS2 up pretty soon.

the only reasons i could see some1 buyin a PS2 are...

1. Range of good games
    2. Price

SL500: I vote for the PS2 coz its great

. . . . .

Wow, inteligent words, now how bout u back it up?

Originally posted by 16-4Veyron
    . . . . .

Wow, inteligent words, now how bout u back it up?
    hehe,what a smart kid

i'll take a ps2 coz u can modify it and buy games that cost 1 US dollar !!
    and anyways, it has a better range of games. probably coz it has been out for a longer time.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Talking

Ask me on those thing s i am an expert in those
    i owned a
    Nintendo
    ps1
    ps2
    Xbox( i still have it)

i liked the XBOX the most but the price hehehehehhe
    but the only thing that i am getting problem with is finding som new CD but i was looking for the next 2 month XboX will be selling new CD s before the PS2 and i like XboX the most
    ever played (Metal gear, Metal gear 2 ,if not go and play it}
    it s the best game i have ever played

I have owned:
    Sega Genesis
    Super Nintendo
    Nintendo 64
    PS2 (still have)
    I vote PS2. I onw one and have played Xbox plenty of times at my friends house. Many people have argued that the Xbox's graphics are superior to the PS2. That is true but from what I have seen the difference goes unnoticed by the naked eye. It's such a small detail that it shouldn't be used as an argument for the Xbox. Look at these games:
    1. Gran Tourismo series (1-4)
    2. Grand Theft Auto series (1-4)
    3. Metal Gear Solid series (1-3)

Gran tourismo3 is the best racing simulator out there and #4 will be even better. Only PS2.
    Grand theft auto (Vice City) is the best free-roaming/RPG violent game out there ever! Together Grand theft Auto3 and Vice city sold over 9 million copies. That tells you something about the popularity of the Ps2 because of this game. Only for PS2 until later this year which won't make a difference because anyone who wanted VC already has it and wont buy it for Xbox.
    The Metal gear solid series is one of The best espionage games there is and it's also only for PS2 until Substance which very few Xboxers bought.
    Last edited by Red line; 11-01-2003 at 03:07 PM.

Question

is there Metal gear 3 or metal gear substance
    iplayed them all but the substance has just some diffrence than Metal gear 2 and thats all

god, i'm sick of people dissing gamecube, I mean, the only real reason people diss it is either because its small, less expensive, and doesnt have a DVD-player. Seriously, It have better graphics than most Ps2 games have, Rivaling Xbox, it loads a helluve lot faster than both, it uses 60 fps over the 30 fps most PS2 games have, its compact and easyer to set up, so you can take it places, you can hook it to your GBA for games that are compatible. You can even play GBA games on it with the GB player, and it has the only efficient wireless controller, the Xbox one was about 10 hourse of play for it, the wavebird has around 50, and it has the most manageable controls. and why would i need another DVD player? I have 2 already, and now you'll diss it about how it doesnt have onling play, well, there are barely any games that actually work online for PS2 and Xbox. So STFU and don't dis the gamecube.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

xbox has Metal gear solid substance and i'm pretty sure it has mgs 3 and for mgs 1 i already have a ps1 and beat mgs 1 sevral times so that doesn't bug me. i dont really care about grand theft auto anyway. but the gt seiries is what i really care about and it really killes me that it's not on xbox. but xbox has waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better online play and graphics than ps2.

the only reason i don't like game cube is because i think the controllers are weird and it doesn't play dvds. but i like some games for it.

Originally posted by DwZX35
    and now you'll diss it about how it doesnt have onling play, well, there are barely any games that actually work online for PS2 and Xbox. So STFU and don't dis the gamecube.
    actually there are a whole lot of games for xbox online but your right about ps2 not many online games for it.

ofcourse neither systems have very many online games since the concept is still somewhat new and companies are just now incorprating that ability. Xbox has only a few more online games than PS2. Only a few of them are good anyway.
    PS2 has: Tony Hawk3, Tony Hawk Underground, Socom1 and 2,
    Midnight Club2, Madden 2004, Nfl 2k3, and a few more sports games, I'm sure that I left out a few others. I believe thats enough online play to keep someone busy until the PS2 developes even more. The Ps2 was the first (excluding PC's) to come up with the idea to have an online war game(Socom) and the ability to talk to your teammates through a headset.

yes

Originally posted by White Devilis there Metal gear 3 or metal gear substance
    Yes but it wont come out until Dec. this year or Jan. next year. But I have read many articles, seen pictures, and even saw the 11minute long preview shown in Japan since they produced and made the game they get it long before the U.S. does. Darn them!
    It looks to be 10x better than the second MGS!

I suggest that if you want more info. check out this website from Egm magazine(Electronics Gaming Monthly) and read the interview with Hideo Kojima...
    http://www.egmmag.com/article2/0,4364,1257663,00.asp

Here are some pics..ofcourse they might be a little distorted since they were enlarged but rest asure, the game will look much better!

This is the new setting for MGS3!!! The Jungle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information