Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: C6 Corvette VS 911 Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    I didn't say anything about Richard Hammonds comments. You must be confusing me with someone else.
    Sorry Fleet, a had a flashback to the diatribe Slicks and I 'enjoyed' for a while and had recurring nightmares on our ones

Sorry 'bout that, once I take tonights meds I'll eb fine
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm not sure if it would fit, but I bet someone from this message board would know:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Sorry Fleet, a had a flashback to the diatribe Slicks and I 'enjoyed' for a while and had recurring nightmares on our ones

Sorry 'bout that, once I take tonights meds I'll eb fine
    Okay.

As for "meds," try chocolate... it cures everything!

At the risk of opening another can of worms Re: Top Gear's oft criticised report on the C6...

Evo's road test of the C6 which I quickly scanned through seemed to like the 'Vette, but criticised the... wait for it... heavy gearshift.

So articles I have read:
    Top Gear, Evo and Slicks' Car and Driver article* say: Overly heavy shift
    Daily Telegraph: fingertip light shift

Maybe Top Gear weren't lying after all?

* "Chevy could have done better with the shifter. The throws are short, but it's [sic] stiff, and it balks every once in a while at a gearchange. It's [sic] the opposite of the Porsche's precise and easy-moving rod."
    Thanks for all the fish

If I'm not mistaken, the gearbox used in the 'Vette is the same is the Tremec T56 which has also found its way into all the V8 Holdens over here, which the Aussie motoring mags crucify over its heavy shift action. However, the one in the C6 has copped an overhaul, making it much more refined, probably like what Ford has done to stick in the new series (BA) GT and GT-P. The next logical step would be to assume that while the 'box does, in fact, feel quite heavy, its nothing compared to the other T56 'boxes that have been sampled by the Daily Telegraph.

I've also heard that American Motoring mags are not usually known for forthright critiscm as found in the UK and Oz, so maybe that would explain the 'misunderstandings' that have arisen from comparing a Porsche to a Corvette.

My choice is still the Porsche, I like a bit of refinement, not an interior that is beaten for style by a Hyundai.

Thread Information