Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscle Or Import

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxeymoran
    and yea... i'd take a 67 gt500 over anything japan has to offer
    I'm guessing this is because of the Gone in 60 Seconds remake?
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Gotta stand up for the poor little Jap cars that get it up the rear from American ( and British ) ricers !!!

The Civic Type Rs are VERY capable on tracks. They use handling to make up for the lower power and they're pretty quick anyway. Mild tuning can open up lots more power fairly cheaply. BUT Honda won't deliver that as they have "corporate responsibility" to offer cars that protect the environment.
    It's OK to be mildly excessive on a car that sells a few 10s of thousands. For a car that sells 10s of millions worldwide they have to optimise them for the environment.

Drag is different kettle of fish true and is fun and one type of competition.
    But only one

The REAL problem whenever this kind of discussion comes up is that anti-rice takes over and it's all those horrible imports with lots of bits added to make them look 'better' (!!!!) and lower and sound 'better' (!!!!!) that rile us all.

They're not all like that.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Depend what country you are from here in Australia there are a lot of silvias,sx180,Soarers etc. a mate just got his Soarer from Japan on Friday 90k on the odo,twin turbo 2.5 litre,electric everything.landed here for $6000,$2000 for comliance and a new paint job,will be a top luxurous coupe, with a fair degree of performance,a comparative Australian car for the money would be a vs commodore executive with 200k on the clock.I have a grey import Surf 3 litre turbo diesel,4 speed auto,electric everything,cant get a comparative vehicle here,mid size 4wd with a turbo diesel closest thing would be a Prado Grande even for the first model still high 30s to low 40s in price.Personally dont like rice cars either but some of the imports give incredible bang for your buck
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    this thread is utterly ridiculous. first you ask which we would rather have, we answer, and then you just have to rebut. If you're not going to listen to us, don't ask. And also, if you're going to say one car is "faster" than another car, at least check the stats so you can back yourself up. I would take an evo over a cobra anyday, anytime, anywhere. guess why..........because it's WAYYYYYY "faster"!:

The seemingly only important stat to some people : 0-60 times
    1999 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT: 5.4
    1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI: 4.9

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra: just under 5 seconds
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII MR FQ-400: 3.5

those are pretty substantial time differences
    0-60 1/4
    2004 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 4.5 12.9
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4.8 13.4

hmmm, if you say so...
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 11-13-2004 at 07:27 AM.

id tak muscke any day, i dont like the sounds of imports, its the real grunt sound of v8s that make u go crazy, the hemi is something to behold and wonder, cmon, i cant remember any japansese engine names, we all know hemi, cosworth, windsor, cleveland and so on. Furthermore the cars are more aggresive and dont have all these "bold on" shit on them. No offence to rice fans. I also think they have more appeal, possibly becuase people are sick of thier publicity, ala 2fast 2furious and so on. Cmon, that is no where near as good Vanishing point, fantastic movie.

So in conclusion i will say that i like muscles better, yes ricers have that kind of nice look to them, but there is 2 many of them, muscle cars are so much sexier and have an unspeakable aura around them that oozes style and aggression.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney921
    this thread is utterly ridiculous. first you ask which we would rather have, we answer, and then you just have to rebut. If you're not going to listen to us, don't ask. And also, if you're going to say one car is "faster" than another car, at least check the stats so you can back yourself up. I would take an evo over a cobra anyday, anytime, anywhere. guess why..........because it's WAYYYYYY "faster"!:

The seemingly only important stat to some people : 0-60 times
    1999 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT: 5.4
    1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI: 4.9

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra: just under 5 seconds
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII MR FQ-400: 3.5

those are pretty substantial time differences

why dont we just compare a toyota carolla to a ferrari enzo? itd be similar, the MR FQ400 is a faster version of the evo with almost twice the power, you can do that with a mustang also, its called tuning if your going to compare models of cars, compare similar modles, not an svt and the fastest sedan evr built by a major manufacturer, keep in mind, mustangs can be tuned to be just as fast as imports
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    why dont we just compare a toyota carolla to a ferrari enzo? itd be similar, the MR FQ400 is a faster version of the evo with almost twice the power, you can do that with a mustang also, its called tuning if your going to compare models of cars, compare similar modles, not an svt and the fastest sedan evr built by a major manufacturer, keep in mind, mustangs can be tuned to be just as fast as imports
    The EVO FQ400 has 405HP and 355Lbs torque. The Cobra has 390Hp and 390Lbs Torque (Although at dealers they claim to have 400).

The EVO has a little 2.0L 4 cylinder engine against the Cobra's 4.6L V8.... Who wins?? Who demonstrates Inefficiency?

Corolla vs Ferrari?? Look at the numbers again.

And BTW I love the Cobra, I've made at least 5 threads about it.... But you have to argue your things the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I'd take both, how about that??

If someone offered me any of the following:

Shelby GT350
    AC Cobra 427
    Corvette Stingray 427
    Falcon Phase 3 GTHO
    Monaro GTS 350
    E49 Charger
    Hemi Cuda 426
    FPV GT-P
    FPV F6 Typhoon
    HSV GTS Coupe
    HSV Clubsport R8
    Mazda RX-8
    Honda NSX
    Toyota Supra
    Lancer EVO 8
    Impreza WRX STi
    350Z
    Hey same here man, nice list

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    The EVO FQ400 has 405HP and 355Lbs torque. The Cobra has 390Hp and 390Lbs Torque (Although at dealers they claim to have 400).

The EVO has a little 2.0L 4 cylinder engine against the Cobra's 4.6L V8.... Who wins?? Who demonstrates Inefficiency?

Corolla vs Ferrari?? Look at the numbers again.

And BTW I love the Cobra, I've made at least 5 threads about it.... But you have to argue your things the right way.
    Look at the price of that FQ400. It's twice as much as the cobra. Im sure if i put 40 grand into a 2004 cobra, it would be just as fast as the FQ400 or even faster !

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    Look at the price of that FQ400. It's twice as much as the cobra. Im sure if i put 40 grand into a 2004 cobra, it would be just as fast as the FQ400 or even faster !

ahhhhhhhgreed

and yeah id take a little of both, but more muscle than rice

Most Holden's and HSV's

A Evo

An STI

A Skyline

Old muscle cars

ELEANOR!!!!! my altime favorite mustang

a 427 anything
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

^^^^^finally, a great point raised by this person...
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

When was the price being discussed? That's what you guys ALWAYS use for defence.

Well if it makes you happy, an FQ400 can also destroy a Viper

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    When was the price being discussed? That's what you guys ALWAYS use for defence.

Well if it makes you happy, an FQ400 can also destroy a Viper
    Awwghh, a flip flopper eh ? Switching from Ford to Dodge. So what if a FQ400 can destroy a Viper, a Cobra with 40 grand of modifications can prolly beat a FQ400 which would still be cheaper than the FQ400 and faster !

EDIT: Oh yea, since we bought in Dodge, why not bring in Chevy too ! What about the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 with 20 grand of modifications and a 2002 Chevrolet Corvette (Lingenfelter 427 twin turbo), im sure this one can blow away a FQ400 anytime
    Last edited by shr0olvl; 11-13-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Have you seen what kinda mileage new muscle gets? Close to 30 on the freeway, that's not bad IMHO.

I prefer classic muscle and yes, they use a lot of gas - but no more than SUV's these days, and quite a few of the vaunted supercars...

When I said proven, I meant that they can go a solid 100k miles without blown head gaskets, etc...they take a lickin and keep on tickin. I'm not saying that EVO's won't last, but they haven't proven themselves as of yet, and based on the things I've been hearing so far, their longevity isn't looking too promising.
    what are you on !?!?! evos have been around for liek 10 years and honda's vtec engines are more reliable then any american counterpart (comprable size horsepower and torque)

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    And like I said, there's Japanese cars I like too - the Datsun 510 and 240/260Z foremost among them, but the early Celicas and Mazda rotaries are also fun little cars I hear - though the Mazdas do tend to have longevity issues that hadn't been reslved yet.

My complaint is that, since I don't like new cars, it's hard to find decent Japanese cars that aren't fuel injected or subject to emissions laws. They hadn't advanced quite so far yet in adjusting to the American market; couple that with my liking for bigger, touring or GT oriented cars, and you can see the dilemma.
    ... fuel injection = more reliability, more efficient, less chance of running on a rich or lean mixture ...

Awwghh, a flip flopper eh ? Switching from Ford to Dodge. So what if a FQ400 can destroy a Viper, a Cobra with 40 grand of modifications can prolly beat a FQ400 which would still be cheaper than the FQ400 and faster !

EDIT: Oh yea, since we bought in Dodge, why not bring in Chevy too ! What about the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 with 20 grand of modifications and a 2002 Chevrolet Corvette (Lingenfelter 427 twin turbo), im sure this one can blow away a FQ400 anytime
    once again, you go back to price . if we were supposed to compare power per dollar, say so.

I just want an opinion. What would you prefer, an american Muscle car or an Import? Personally I like the muscle cars. They are faster and more powerful than the piece of shit imports and if you disagree with me, humor me.

EDIT: Besides European Cars
    I don't see anything about power per dollar, so stop bringing it up. and also way to change your post to make you sound like you had all the bases covered.

Thread Information