Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscle Or Import

Quote Originally Posted by shr0olvl
    Look at the price of that FQ400. It's twice as much as the cobra. Im sure if i put 40 grand into a 2004 cobra, it would be just as fast as the FQ400 or even faster !
    wtf are u on

can u not do math?

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    ^^^^^finally, a great point raised by this person...
    ever heard of inflation?

tariffs?

duties?

same reason why a chrysler 300 here costs 30 grand while in uk it costs 30k pounds

the evo fq400 is a limited edition model to show what it's capable of and yes it would be wrong to compare that to the mustang

but take any other evolution from the line, throw it onto a track and see who wins

Awwghh, a flip flopper eh ? Switching from Ford to Dodge. So what if a FQ400 can destroy a Viper, a Cobra with 40 grand of modifications can prolly beat a FQ400 which would still be cheaper than the FQ400 and faster !
    I know the guys who did the development work for Mitsu on the Fq400.
    Owen Developments knwo there stuff on squeezing power and handling otu of a car.
    They get 405 bhp and 355 lb-ft of torque out of the 2l which in power and weight terms is pretty impressive. Remember this is still a road car
    3.5s to 60
    The handling of the Evo has always been better than the Subaru on tarmac and I'm hoping to see one up here soon to find out first hand.
    But it wouldnt' hit the top speeds of the bigger Viper with the gearing for use UK market. Dont' know if it comes with different US guise.
    45000 GBP, so about $80K.
    What price does a Cobra come in at ? SOunds about a match with the 40 grand upgrades.
    BUT, we'd be into the discussion of the "purpsoe" before you could agree 'fastest'. 0-60, top, track, slalom, road ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The FQ400 is faster(and in the wet the FQ is unbeattable) but the viper and cobra are prettier.

0-60 1/4
    2004 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT 4.5 12.9
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 4.8 13.4

hmmm, if you say so...
    Yeah the Mustang is faster, but there are no corners in a drag strip. Give the Evo a track and it will paste the 'Stang.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I'd take both, how about that??

If someone offered me any of the following:

Shelby GT350
    AC Cobra 427
    Corvette Stingray 427
    Falcon Phase 3 GTHO
    Monaro GTS 350
    E49 Charger
    Hemi Cuda 426
    FPV GT-P
    FPV F6 Typhoon
    HSV GTS Coupe
    HSV Clubsport R8
    Mazda RX-8
    Honda NSX
    Toyota Supra
    Lancer EVO 8
    Impreza WRX STi
    350Z

........i'd be as happy as a pig in shit
    If somebody offered me any of the following, I'd be very happy!

1969 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi (or 440)
    1969 Chevy Chevelle SS454 LS6
    1970 Olds 4-4-2, 455 V-8
    1969 Dodge Dart GTS 340, 3.91 gears
    1969 Ford Fairlane Cobra 428, 3.50 gears
    1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, 3.90 gears
    1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 3.91 gears
    1967 Ford Fairlane 427
    1970 Plymouth Hemicuda
    1969 Dodge Super Bee 400-6 pack, 4.10 gears
    1969 Plymouth Road Runner 426-Hemi, 4.10 gears
    1969 Dodge Charger Daytona/1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird, any engine
    1957 Chrysler 300-C, 392-Hemi
    1960 Chryler 300-F, 413 Wedge
    1957 DeSoto, 345/345 hp. Hemi
    1970 Buick GSX 455 Stage I
    1968 Pontiac Firebird 400 Ram Air IV

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    ever heard of inflation?

tariffs?

duties?

same reason why a chrysler 300 here costs 30 grand while in uk it costs 30k pounds

the evo fq400 is a limited edition model to show what it's capable of and yes it would be wrong to compare that to the mustang

but take any other evolution from the line, throw it onto a track and see who wins
    You say it as if you are trying to disprove something I said.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I'm happy with my carb and my classic car. I really have no love for EFI whatsoever, and there's probably nearly nothing that could be said, demonstrated, or done to convince me to switch. I know the potential benefits, and I stick with the carb because, quite simply, that's what I like.

My position is that frankly, I don't care too much where it was made, as long as it's classic and reasonably big, and capable of driving in today's demanding traffic. If that slants things heavily in favor of American cars, so be it, but never let it be said that there weren't imports that I would take just as much time, effort, and money to craft into great cars.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

yeah, ok so u spend twice as much money on the car and about quadruple on tires and gas while i still smoke you with my lancer evo. game set match

not to mention the fact imports would include any italian supercar, ie ferrari 360 cs which is faster then any american car in production with the exception of the ford gt

5.409 litres with supercharger and they only got 550 bhp ... WTF
    I know that you posted this a long time ago, but it seems that you have forgotten about the Saleen S7 which has 575HP and 550 lb.-ft. of torque which is faster than the 360 CS and almost as fast as the Enzo.

Also cars like the Mustang GT could give your Evo a run for its money and the Mustang GT costs $24,370 and the Evo costs $28,987 (both are base prices). Plus it gets almost as good of gas mileage as the Evo. So stop your jabbering about how amazing your Evo is.

not to mention the fact imports would include any italian supercar, ie ferrari 360 cs which is faster then any american car in production with the exception of the ford gt
    Um, no. There are a bunch of American cars in production faster than the 360 CS, not just the GT.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    what are you on !?!?! evos have been around for liek 10 years and honda's vtec engines are more reliable then any american counterpart (comprable size horsepower and torque)
    I had been talking about the Evo, since that's the car you had brought up...not civics.

And okay, Evo's have been around for 10 years, I didn't know that.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Have you been taking your pills knifey?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman
    I know that you posted this a long time ago, but it seems that you have forgotten about the Saleen S7 which has 575HP and 550 lb.-ft. of torque which is faster than the 360 CS and almost as fast as the Enzo.

Also cars like the Mustang GT could give your Evo a run for its money and the Mustang GT costs $24,370 and the Evo costs $28,987 (both are base prices). Plus it gets almost as good of gas mileage as the Evo. So stop your jabbering about how amazing your Evo is.
    2 things

how much does the saleen cost?

and no a mustang cant even come close to the performance of an evo in anything BUT a strait line

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Have you been taking your pills knifey?
    actually no, i started a new brand, is it really that noticeble?

2 things

how much does the saleen cost?

and no a mustang cant even come close to the performance of an evo in anything BUT a strait line

are you like the worlds biggest EVO fanboy or something, theyre a decent enough car, but the friggin world doesnt revolve around them alright
    I am the Stig

Thread Information