Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HALO 2!!!!! ITS....not very good....

HALO 2!!!!! ITS....not very good....

Finally played Halo 2 the other day, and suffice to say I wasn't impressed. The game has spent however long and had absolute shitloads of buildup and its Halo 1 with slightly better graphics and about 3 or 4 new things thrown in. I'm serious here. If anything its actually easier than Halo 1, with a new 'auto focus' thing on your aiming, which is a damn stupid idea. I was massively dissapointed. To be fair, it had all the trademark playability that made Halo famous. But why should I pay for a brand new game when it is essentially an old one thats maybe 10% better?

BTW I also played GTA SA and to be honest that wasn't as good as I had hoped, its more GTAIII than VC in that its an evolution than revolution. The graphics had some anti-aliasing issues and the controls still had that arcadey feel to them, but a little more realistic. The vehicles are a long way off the Getaway's handling wise, but there are a huge amount of cars and bikes and pretty much everything, and the sheer size of the game gives it a huge advantage over anything else at the moment. It's pretty good all up, and that makes it better than any other new game at the moment so it looks like Sony wins this time......again.....

pfft, sony fanboy, halo 2 surpassed all my expectations, it has accomplished many of the things that was frustrating about the first game and alot more. The campaign is polished, not to perfection but enough that should satisfy even the most picky gamers. Where the game excels is the massive levels that deliver a truly cinematic experience, not once did i get bored, i was intrigued by the setting, the almost helpless fight against the convenant and the feeling of not being alone, ala Call of Duty. In addition the vehicles were a blast ( no pun intended ) and they really made me think about my tactics alot more.

Im not sure how you go off being dissapointed but halo2 is an evelutounary game, it will put a pig dent in sony, gc and pc, the reviews have surpassed expectations and they have caused controversy, Half-life 2 got a worse score than Halo2, eat shit pc fan boys, seems like gordan is involved in a shitty story line...again.

Hmm gt:sa, its good ill give you that, but im not attracted to those sort of games, and in the end, it will probably be on xbox, and be better on xbox as well, they said it was sony exclusive but look at their website and youll see otherwise. Halo2 will never be on ps2, it could never handle it, killzone was a shocker of a game, i hated it.

So i wil conclude by saying that no, bungie and microsoft have taken the fight to sony, hmmm, i didnt see any shops open midnight to release gt:sa, EB in Carousel, 800+ pre-orders of Halo2 and dozens of stores opening midnight and even some having special parties for the opening. No gt:sa didnt get that, and no real mulitplayer. In the end, the fact that H2 mulitplayer kicks ass will make sure it will win.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Beware the silent beast, i have a feeling that maybe, just maybe Half-Life 2 will annihilate every game anyway, its possible inevitable because of its immense appeal and popularity, but at the moment, look at sales, popularity and average ratings and Halo2 is the winner.

- The line for the PS3

Yeah Halo 2 was great, the ending sucked if you ask me.Multiplayer was alright but things like slayer-team slayer just seems a litlte old now. Assault and Territories was alot of fun and i like the way you can customize your charecter more.

And not to flame or anything but the main reason why there are more Halo 2 sales right now is because with Steam and HL2 you dont need to go to the store and buy the game, most people are just downloading to steam and not worrying about pre-ordering since there are limitless copies of it over the net
    Booyakasha- Ali G

My personal preference will always go to PC games, aiming with a gamepad is just shit, a mouse is a lot better imo.... same goes for rts games, never tried it with a gamepad and will never do :P the only advantage of a gameconsole is that it's easy to take with u imo.

Luciferous, I guess you don't understand how much harder it is to make a game better than Halo 1. The gameplay has been enhanced, its now X-Box live capable, better user interface, more weapons, and imo, better graphics. If you happened to watch the DVD that came w/ the collectors edition, I'm pretty sure your opinion would change. Even by you saying it's 10 percent better, that is a HUGE, difference, and in your terms would make the game spectacular. Have a Xbox Live or Xbox Connect game on the internet, that's where it hits the peak of the iceberg.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Is Halo the ONLY game on the planet??? It's always Halo this and Halo that. And after I ate breakfast I played Halo and before I went to sleep I played Halo and I dremt sweet dreams about Halo.....

Auugghhh!!! Its driving me sick. Seriously is Halo the only game you guys know about or something?

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Is Halo the ONLY game on the planet??? It's always Halo this and Halo that. And after I ate breakfast I played Halo and before I went to sleep I played Halo and I dremt sweet dreams about Halo.....

Auugghhh!!! Its driving me sick. Seriously is Halo the only game you guys know about or something?
    WTH are you talking about.... he just mentioned that he played Halo and didn't like it, the game had a SHTLOAD of hype and he's just commenting on it. Get off the Crack buddy.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

has anyone played half life 2 yet? my bro picked it up this morning . Been waiting for it too long. upgraded my computer about 500 bucks worth last year cuz it was supposed to be coming out in about a month then kept bumpin up the release date. Now my computer is obslolete.

HL2 is a fantastic game, very surreal, ive almost finished it, graphics are stunning to say the least, but the gravity gun has some glitches sometimes and the sound isnt 2 great either, i prefer halo2's rocking guitar rifts. But overal HL2 is a killer game.

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout

well i think we are all just playing Halo2 until GT4 comes out , coz i know i am... to be fair i think Halo2 was a massive step up and over the abilities of Halo, and is all the better for it...

However i was a little disappointed with the ending... ah well will just have to wait for Halo3 to come out now...

I think the two games on everyone's list on this Forum is Gran Turismo 4 for the PS2 and Fornza for the XBOX. Both look extordanary (I KANT SPEL!1). Can everyone agree?
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Halo 2......hmmm.......doesn't look good at all, especially those fakes guns, vehicles, lasers, and all that fake shit. If I have to choose a Sony game that is better than that stupid Halo, then I'll say it's SOCOM II. I played Halo at my friend's house and found it retarded. XBox got nothing compared to Sony's technology. Sony games are way better than Xbox games. Just take a look at Gran Turismo 4, SOCOM II, Ace Combat 5, and San Andreas, every sequel to a previous game has great improvements. Unlike Halo 1 and 2, I don't see any "big" improvements, they're pretty much the same. Sony's tired of Microsoft's non-sense now, that's why it's going to release a few things that will surpass and defeat Microsoft's gaming community completely, and they're the handheld Playstation Portable, Gran Turismo 4, and the brand new Universal Media Disc(UMD) which will leave DVD behind later on. Microsoft better stick to making new Windows or PC games before Sony nukes its XBox. By the way, to tell the truth, the only good game that Microsoft made is the Flight Simulator Series and talking about its "Fornza" racing game, its no match to Sony's Gran Turismo 4.
    Last edited by NuclearCrap; 11-16-2004 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearCrap
    XBox got nothing compared to Sony's technology. Sony games are way better than Xbox games.
    LMAO, tell me you're kidding right? If you want proof, I'll post some.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

You didn't like Rally Sport Challenge 1 or 2? Those were pretty good in my opinion.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

Thread Information