Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HALO 2!!!!! ITS....not very good....

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Is Halo the ONLY game on the planet??? It's always Halo this and Halo that. And after I ate breakfast I played Halo and before I went to sleep I played Halo and I dremt sweet dreams about Halo.....

Auugghhh!!! Its driving me sick. Seriously is Halo the only game you guys know about or something?
    THANK YOU!!! finally someone else not a total halo adict! god halo is driving me nuts!
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I haven't had a chance to play the new Halo 2, but the first Halo is one kick ass game so i would think that with a set of new levels and some new additions to gameplay Halo 2 will be an awesome game, not revolutionary or evolutionary, but awesome and well worth the 50 bucks. Here's a pretty good video on some new things they added-
    http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault...3_2k4_demo.wmv

2 things. 1, how much does half life 2 cost? 2, the plot in halo/halo2......if you say it isnt that great, then you obviously are the most pessimistic ignorant dumba** i know.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

You know what's funny about this thread? All the people who have been giving Halo2 soooo much hype in the past month or two are the ones defending the game....

I played it and I wasn't impressed. I was hoping that something with a microsoft tag attached wouldn't HAVE to suck, and it didn't. But neither did Halo1. But there's a difference between good and great. Its somewhere near deserved and overrated. Halo2 is good, but not great. And yes, it is overrated. Also mulitplayer is a crock, usually whoever gets a hold of the Sword ends up at the pointy end of the scores, so its not like its especially balanced with all the 'work' the development team put into it.

BTW just a note concerning who has the better technology- You could probably fit an entire PS2 console into an Xbox controller, I think that says it all.

it felt like bungie had all these cool ideas, but only enough time to shove it into your average medal-of-honor type game(set in the future). the multiplayer still fun, and arguments between PS2 owners and X-box owners are pointless, because both consoles do different things better. i admit that i hate ps2 controllers, and only bought an x-box when they introduced human-sized controllers

Ah jeez I remember when you first joined UCP clutch-monkey, and you already got an avatar....damn I should probably organise one....

This is gonna end up like the gun argument, its just gonna keep going but not actually go anywhere because both sides feel passionate about the subject.

yeah, and that argument went for ages with no progress

The important thing is that I was right and everyone who disagreed with me was wrong, they just didn't see it that way

you sound like my girlfreind
    there will probably be a horde of ps2/x-box fanboys descending on this thread as we speak

"medal-of-honor type game"

lmfao, halo 2 is not a linear, corridor shooter with a plethora of scripeted events, more like open ended battle sequences fighting along with marines and so on,
    i admit the hype was 2 much for halo 2 but in the end i think it paid off, every site reviewing it has given it toppo scores, and i myself give it a 9.5 out of 10, not perfect. The only game that was ever perfect for the time at which it came out was Perfect Dark, it was the most perfect game of the N64 era.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

FPS's have been done to death, theyre all the same now the only thing that gets changed is the smallest details. Halo2 is the same. Jeez, the graphics aren't even as good as Doom3's...

lmfao! u cant compare the two, the xbox has a what, 64mb graphics card, for the doom3 pros they use 256mb, of course its gonna look bettter!!!! and fps arent all the same now, thier are different themes, settings, guns, physics and a whole heap of differences. I agree the WWII theme has been done to death, but developers are getting smart now, have a look at Call of Duty, that is one hell of a game, u actually feel like ur in with a group of otha yanks or russians fighting the nazis, not some lone soldier.

- The line for the PS3

i think what will happen soon is a merging of the genres. so you would have an FPS style viewpoint (the best one of course) and you will walk around like you were in an RPG, yet you could go and join in street races like nfs underground, as well as getting your racing liscence and doing proper racing like in GT. sometimes you may get challenged to a fight, and then it will switch to a fighting game style view and your moves will be affected by how long you have been playing the game, if you have learned any martial arts, etc.

that is where i think games are heading. towards one large multi-genre game.
    halo 2 - november 9

indeed, im looking forward to the matrix online, awsum looking game so far, not sure about new GT, allrite graphics ( not as good as project gotham ) but i like the plethora of parts, will it be too much?

- The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz_
    indeed, im looking forward to the matrix online, awsum looking game so far, not sure about new GT, allrite graphics ( not as good as project gotham ) but i like the plethora of parts, will it be too much?
    i think GT4 will own.

and yes, i think it does look better than PGR 2. going back to PGR2 after RSC2 was pretty bad. RSC2 looks heaps better.
    halo 2 - november 9

Thread Information