Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Supercar

BMW Supercar

How would you feel about BMW making a supercar/very high end sportscar? They haven't been a part of this segment since the Z8, which was really more of a GT. Last supercar prototype I can think of is the Nazca BMW C2. They obviously have the engine know-how; why don't they take the M5's new engine, stuff it in a low-slung aluminum mid-engined chassis, and run reasonably close to the big boys without having to develop a new engine? Is this a segment that you personally feel BMW should be doing more in?

its an interesting idea....who knows, maybe they are working on something like that
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by gregvl52
    How would you feel about BMW making a supercar/very high end sportscar? They haven't been a part of this segment since the Z8, which was really more of a GT. Last supercar prototype I can think of is the Nazca BMW C2. They obviously have the engine know-how; why don't they take the M5's new engine, stuff it in a low-slung aluminum mid-engined chassis, and run reasonably close to the big boys without having to develop a new engine? Is this a segment that you personally feel BMW should be doing more in?
    Good question... my guess is that they wouldn't want to compete w/ the Supercar market and possibly lose money, but then again, what the hell do i know... (The Nazca concept might have something to do w/ this too.)
    Last edited by Rockefella; 11-18-2004 at 08:18 PM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

good idea, im sure they've thought this thru though, and have a logical reason why not
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

I believe this was the previous supercar concept by BMW named the M2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ugh! BMW has a supercar, its the M5. Supercar performance and technology at half the price and 3x as practical. Plus it still looks gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    Ugh! BMW has a supercar, its the M5. Supercar performance and technology at half the price and 3x as practical. Plus it still looks gorgeous.
    I'll agree that the M5 seems to be a great car, but one of my main criteria for a true supercar would be lower weight. For this reason the Murcielago doesn't make it onto my list of desirable supercars, and this would keep the M5 off as well.

Now, if I could have only one - the M5 or the supercar - I would choose the M5, but still there is this "what if" in the back of my mind.

I think the 8 series and M1 were supercars of their own Era.
    I can remember it now.

The V12 of the 850i.

Quote Originally Posted by gregvl52
    Are you kidding me! ill love to see it happen but they need to stop
    making cars that look like Japanese cars...I'm having hard time telling the deferens between BMW and Infiniti Q45...
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

i would love to see a high end sports car from bmw, they have all the engredents for making one!!! imagine a cooperation beteween WILLIAMS & BMW!!!!
    heck even chrysler is making one!
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

if everyone made a supercar where would all the people be to buy them, not everyone is rich...

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    if everyone made a supercar where would all the people be to buy them, not everyone is rich...
    good point. this is really becoming ridiculous, all these cars costing 100K + (us$). as a car manufacturer i would invest more on smaller lighter cheaper sports cars.there used to be a few "afordable" roadsters but ow the slk and Z4 have moved up a noth sort of speech. and they were never that cheap! in europe you still have a few but here in america it is pityfull.you can not believe how hard it is to find an exiting affordable sports car... i am about to buy a miata because frankl it is the best bang for the buck a midlle class 18 year old can get in canada.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    I think the 8 series and M1 were supercars of their own Era.
    I can remember it now.

The V12 of the 850i.

[FONT=ComicSansMS]Got QUATTRO?[/FONT]

i hope they make a good one. and its must have a great engine, just like the BMW powered McLaren F1.
    Reach for the moon! Even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars!

Yeh bmw are a great car and i hope they can produce something fresh and fast

Thread Information