Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: have an R34 GTR skyline by the time you're 22

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)

have an R34 GTR skyline by the time you're 22

okay guys, this may take a while, bear with me.
    I was sitting down just a minute ago, and worked out, if a smoker quit one day, and put aside the money he spent every day on cigarettes, he would be able to buy a new car, every three years, albeit a lancer coupe or equivalent.

I worked out, if I take out a loan at age 18, for $50,000AUD, although i will need a guarantor, and invest it all in top-notch shares, and assuming they increase at 10%, although this can be significantly more, and put aside about $14AUD a day (ie, the cost of a pack of cigarettes), this will work out to about $5000 (nice round number, not exact) for fags, and at 10%, the dividends will earn about $5000 in the first year. if one accounts for inflation, say, an extra $100 a year added to the cigarettes, and assuming the investor buys more shares with his dividends, one could be debt-free, and driving something like an R33 skyline, just two years in. although, if you choose not to, and to continue a further 2 years, you can have $97,000 (again, not exact). and this is assuming the shares stay at 10%, etc.etc. last time i checked, $90K could buy an R34GTR, and just in time to drive it legally! works for me!!!! oh, also, I worked it out to continue for a total of 10 years, and I could have a bmw 3-series priced car, in the 4th year, as well as a GTR, and $248,000AUD. also, this doesnt really bite into your income at all!
    blah.

how r u going to get a loan for $50000? u know what banks r like. i wanted to buy an investment house and they refused to see me, but i went through the business and it was like hey, sure, here's $750000. i had to refuse, i can't pay that much off

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    okay guys, this may take a while, bear with me.
    I was sitting down just a minute ago, and worked out, if a smoker quit one day, and put aside the money he spent every day on cigarettes, he would be able to buy a new car, every three years, albeit a lancer coupe or equivalent.

I worked out, if I take out a loan at age 18, for $50,000AUD, although i will need a guarantor, and invest it all in top-notch shares, and assuming they increase at 10%, although this can be significantly more, and put aside about $14AUD a day (ie, the cost of a pack of cigarettes), this will work out to about $5000 (nice round number, not exact) for fags, and at 10%, the dividends will earn about $5000 in the first year. if one accounts for inflation, say, an extra $100 a year added to the cigarettes, and assuming the investor buys more shares with his dividends, one could be debt-free, and driving something like an R33 skyline, just two years in. although, if you choose not to, and to continue a further 2 years, you can have $97,000 (again, not exact). and this is assuming the shares stay at 10%, etc.etc. last time i checked, $90K could buy an R34GTR, and just in time to drive it legally! works for me!!!! oh, also, I worked it out to continue for a total of 10 years, and I could have a bmw 3-series priced car, in the 4th year, as well as a GTR, and $248,000AUD. also, this doesnt really bite into your income at all!
    do we live in a magical land where taxes and brokerage fees don't exist? furthermore no bank in any country on earth will lend you 50 grand to invest in equity finance...

sorry to shoot you down...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

hey shadow i think you can ddo it, they all shot ME down when i said i was getting a 993 when i am 16, and even explained how i could afford it, so dont take it personally
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Good luck to you... but that's a lot of money which you should save and not blow on such an expensive first car... Besides... what happens if you crash it or something and if you insure it against that thing, the insurance prices are CRAZY for a 22 year old with a top end performance import like that. If I were you, I'd go for something more like... a Honda Civic or something similar. In the end, you'll end up with a lot more money! Anyway, nice to know you have goals haha... (btw, I'm also going to buy my first car next year, and I'm thinking of a second hander ).
    Last edited by fa22_raptor; 11-19-2004 at 06:19 AM.

Day Dreamer.....................

Here you go, this thread wants to hear everything about your future Skyline.

The Official Nissan Skyline Bull$h*t Thread

Yeah, trust me I am 21, I spend like 400-500$ monthly on my car, and that's even without the repairs and changing tires :P. And it's just a 2,3L audi...
    And stopping with smoking is useless really on the financial part then, because the money is easy spent on other small things.

Sure your idea could look good on paper/in your head but I guarantee by the time you'll be 22 you'll wanna kick yourself for even trying....
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

stupid idea, stupid kid, stupid concept stupid thread
    game set match i win

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    stupid idea, stupid kid, stupid concept stupid thread
    game set match i win
    let me guess, you drive an '86 'rolla, wish you'd set goals when you were my age, and can't think up a real reason why my theory won't work.
    blah.

I don't smoke and I own a R34...
    But I am 43...

there is no way in hell a bank would authorize a loan for that sum to a kid ur age without a ligit reason

hell, even if u have the money whoever's selling it will think it was dirty and refuse ur offer

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    there is no way in hell a bank would authorize a loan for that sum to a kid ur age without a ligit reason

hell, even if u have the money whoever's selling it will think it was dirty and refuse ur offer

exactly, My mom works at a "credit union" (same thing as a bank, except there nonprofit) In order for them to give a $50,000 loan, you need to have a job that makes atleast $80,000 a year, not to mention outstanding credit. And you need to have enough Collateral to cover it, If in case you dont make your payments.
    So for you to follow through with your plan would be quite hard. Unless you somehow magicaly get out of high school and become a doctor
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

itll work with a bit more work....trust me bro! u can do it... i have goals like that and its not hard to acheive. invest and use your head. and dont listen to those guys. just do what u know u can acheive and ull get there.
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Thread Information