Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: have an R34 GTR skyline by the time you're 22

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    megotmea7, thanks for the advice, it's helpful, and i have been considering different investment markets, ie. real estate, share trading, etc. just exploring ideas so far. i mean, i am only 16, and at 22, i wouldn't feel exactly safe behind the wheel of an RB26DETT. it was just the idea of achieving a goal in the space of 4 years!
    oh, KinfeEdge, how's the rolla?
    yeh apologies for my pessimistic wise ass remark before. i have done/doing finance at uni. so if you want any honest optimistic decent advice let me know (not that any of the other advice in this thread is bad, i just won't be a tool about anything i say from here on ). i have some stuff i could probably send you also if you are really keen to get your mind thinking about share pricing, etc...

best bet though is to get something like what ing offer. once you have around 10000 saved that usually will be enough to buy you into higher level cash management and better returns. playing the stock market is quite difficult, time consuming, and very costly...
    Last edited by @wall; 11-22-2004 at 05:13 AM.
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)
    yeah, what information do you have? also, my dad's been in share trading for a while, and he said he would be my garantuer for up to AU$50K providing i invest in shares under his guidance. sounds like a good enough deal to me, because it means money i wouldnt have otherwise. i'd be happy for you to help me out, with advice etc.
    blah.

Quote Originally Posted by @wall
    i have done/doing finance at uni.
    I take it you're not so keen on it though
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    I take it you're not so keen on it though
    some of it is interesting some of it's crap. it largely depends on the lecturers and how motivated they are...

play the stock market game for a while (im not kidding it's an actual game, u play with fake money)

then move into the penny stocks, they have the most risk but offer the most return

play the stock market game for a while (im not kidding it's an actual game, u play with fake money)
    KinfeEdge, how do i get into this game?
    blah.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    KinfeEdge, how do i get into this game?
    www.asx.com.au, the game runs every year for about 3 months i believe. i did it when i was in school. it's not to bad, but you have a limited choice of assets to choose from. all in all good learning experience.

i will post some good links for you as well, once i get a chance. i have my last uni exam (and day) for the year today so have been busy as, bar a few ucp visits

...its take too long to have a GTR...

you should do more working to learn money rather than doing this .......

at his age even if he works full time he wont make over 30k a year after tax so if he has a plan, as long as he's aware of the risks then why not go for it

damn straight
    blah.

hey shadow have been working my ass of last 2 weeks, will post some good info for you to get you started soon, then if you are keen i have some more technical portfolio management crap that i did at uni this semester i can show you. is actually quite interesting.

now for any pesimists, a collegue of mine's best mate started investing in shares with $1000 when he was 14, under his parents guidance. he know owns an apartment worth 7 figures in sydney and has a stock portfolio worth 100's of thousands of dollars...

are you gonna need a tertiary education? Thats alot of money also. You cant just spend heaps of money on one thing, car or not, you need money to live.

Not worth the hassle.

$50.000 debt invested whilst also stopping smoking.........

End of year one.

$50.000 debt turned into shares
    $5000 dividend from 10% share earnings - reinvest
    $5000 saving from cigarettes - reinvest
    $2500 interest owing on the original debt assuming you got a great rate of 5% interest only added to your mortgage,

End of year two.

$50.000 debt turned into shares
    £7500 shares you actually own
    $5750 dividend from 10% share earnings (still assuming no fees, no losses, no crashes !!)
    $5000 saving from cigarettes
    $2500 interest on the debt.

Leaving you a grand total of $15750 of which $10.500 actually came from quitting smoking making it just $5250 for two years of share dealings, debts of $50.000 hanging round your neck, sleepless nights and still assuming you make a magical 10% average earning and dont get charged fees or actually make a downturn. Oh and that the market hasnt crashed six weeks before you have to pay the loan back and want to buy your car and your share equity is only worth $30.000 !!!

Not really worth it is it??

J.

Personallyim all for real estate...im thinking of getting a decent flat and then packing everysingle person i can into it...The plan i was told (and it sounds viable) Buy a place make your payments and have roomates charge them board the cost shared between 3 and in a couple of years your owning a flat...and then you keepthe tennats and move on....like anything sounds good on paper might not work in real life....im considering it as an option...

Personallyi say you get a job whileat school and put a majority away....its thesystem im useing now i put away $150 a week into an others acount (i also hada package done that essentially froze it and gave me better intrest at the point your at you could capitalise on say a 4 year package that offers around 6%) so 150x52=7800...soeven if you put away 50 a week that 2600 by the end of the year and times it buy 4 and you have $10400 and thats not including the little bit extra youd make on intrest youll also get agood credit rateing for contant saveing and the best bit NO debt...ionlywith i had of thought of that earlier...

thats what i was doing until i decided to start racing, now i have pretty much nothing in my savings account and every payday a significant chunk goes on a new mod, this payday was my dellortos, next pday will be suspension and so it goes

Thread Information