Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caltex upgrades fuel, still no low sulphur diesel

Caltex upgrades fuel, still no low sulphur diesel

http://carsguide.news.com.au/news/st...E21822,00.html

looks like we'll be seeing a 4th 98 octane fuel on the market fairly soon, but you have to wonder whether they'd be better off joining BP in offering the ultra low sulphur diesels that the new crop of european diesels love
    I am the Stig

whats the 3rd?
    the Optimax and Ultimate... whats the 3rd one?
    The Datto will rage again...

Mobil 8000......their regular 91 octane shit is Mobil 2000 BTW
    I am the Stig

never seen it...

yeah i guess its no surprise considering how much attention the BP and Shell stuff get, like optimax gets sucked into the V8 Supercars afterall and the industry claims the BP stuff is the cleanest on the market
    I am the Stig

but seriously... ive never seen it/ heard of it from anyone before... weird... maybe its only offered in sydney or somthing? you can get BP 100 oc from only one place here.

ok i looked up www.mobil.com.au
    here it is...

8000 Premium unleaded.
    A New Generation of Power
    Mobil Synergy 8000 is a high octane, high performance fuel for all cars and all car lovers*. A fuel ahead of its time, designed for all drivers. It reassures you as only the very best can, because a quality fuel such as this maximises the efficient operation of all motor vehicles. It keeps engines running cleaner and smoother thereby maximising power and efficiency - while also being kinder to the environment. And the feeling you get from that is something you just can't measure. Mobil Synergy 8000 has the added advantage of a fully synthetic additive package that provides detergency, lubricity and corrosion protection.

These detergents also effectively clean fuel injection systems/ carburettors and intake valves, and provide excellent corrosion protection. This efficient deposit control technology maximises the performance of engine control systems and helps minimise exhaust emissions. It all adds up to lower emissions, more power and smoother drivability. The special lubricating qualities of this superior fuel protect moving parts, which reduces wear and extends the life of your fuel delivery system. Mobil Synergy 8000 is especially beneficial when it comes to turbocharged and high performance vehicles, allowing these cars to reach full performance potential. However, owners of older vehicles will also reap the rewards, as will drivers of smaller cars who will value the efficiency benefits of Mobil Synergy 8000.

yeah, these 4 "super" high octane fuels, they reckon you can stick the odd tank through leaded engines, but they more often than not need some valve protectants
    I am the Stig

yeh like slick said the VB didnt take to it nicely at all...

I'll occasionally throw some Ultimate in the old VL if I'm doin a bit of country driving, never had a drama...

My mate own a Suburu liberty and it was playing up, His mate the machanic said you got 2 choice i'll tune it but i think it's not that, Or fill the car with vortex and run it through 2 full tanks and come back to me,
    2 weeks later it's running like a dream
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

yeah the spec sheet probably says recommended minimum 95 RON fuel.....thats a bit of a shit.

the big 4 now though, your average 10 year old car that most people own, wont benefit from the extra performance of the 98 octane. they'll more than likely run cleaner from the detergents in the fuel with less consumption. youve really gotta get the ECU retuned or increase the compression if you want all the effects, but then its really full time. new cars with knock sensors can retard/advance timing to suit different octanes which is a plus if youve got the latest top dollar, japanese grey import that drinks 105 octane. another way is to get a Unichip programmed with 2 fuel/timing maps, one for 91 octane, the other for 98 octane or maybe even methanol/avgas for down at the street
    I am the Stig

methanol would freeze your manifold iv heard making the air cooler, kindof giving you the benefit of a CAI as well as high power fuel

yeah they say the same about NOS, but thats usually installed dodgy cause its not the full time fuel.....

its also got an octane rating way over 100 octane i believe....too bad its not street legal
    I am the Stig

yeh its like 110 or something

NOS is like -100 degrees or something... thats why its cold

Thread Information