Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Australia to make the 'Vette

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    I think Bob Lutz is looking for more of a quick fix than a real solution
    to what? i would hardly call the turnaround at Cadillac a quick fix.

What about everything else? Its no good giving Cadillac all the attention whilst Pontiac gets the Monaro with GTO badges and Saab gets the WRX wagon and Trailblazer.
    I am the Stig

What about everything else? Its no good giving Cadillac all the attention whilst Pontiac gets the Monaro with GTO badges and Saab gets the WRX wagon and Trailblazer.
    The GTO will be American Made by model year 2008/09 and i dont give a shit about saab
    if im not mistaken dosent your morano have a Corvette engine?

F**k the morano is a Nissan (Murano actually), its spelt MONARO, M-O-N-A-R-O.....

And whats the engine got to do with it? Holden used a Buick based V6 between 88 and 03 and now theyre using the global V6, and theyve used the LS1 since 99.
    I am the Stig

F**k the morano is a Nissan (Murano actually), its spelt MONARO, M-O-N-A-R-O.....

And whats the engine got to do with it? Holden used a Buick based V6 between 88 and 03 and now theyre using the global V6, and theyve used the LS1 since 99.
    you got the point, the point about the engine is this, you cna say GM took the MONARO and rebadged it the GTO, without the Corvette engine, the MONARO wouldnt be what it is today

Before 99 Holden were still using their engines, so i doubt that'd be the case
    I am the Stig

Saturn and Chevy already got their compact car replacements, the Cobalt and the Ion, which are hundreds of times better then their replacements. In a year or two the Grand Prix and Impala SS (possibly more too) get an LS4 V8 with DOD. Pontiac is getting the new Soltice, Saturn is getting the same chassis based "Sky", and the Impala, Monte Carlo, and new Camaro are getting the Zeta platform, along with a totally new design(and supposedly the GTO). And thats all with in a few years...

Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    wether you guys down under want to believe it or not, the Corvette is far more important to GM than the Morano is.

GM was a money company untill Bob Lutz took over and started turning everything around namely Cadillac
    Well maybe if you guys who are so far up there were realistic about this, You would know that all companys are in it for the money and that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSL
    without the Corvette engine, the MONARO wouldnt be what it is today
    I beg to differ on that last point you made there, Without the VT the Monaro wouldnt even be alive. And the VT had the old Aussie built 5LT. It won awards and outsold all others, And has not done so as a hole for a long time, So engines meen nothing a engine wont go anywhere with no car
    The VT made them and it had a old buick V6 and Holden 5LT.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

that will never happen, i think GM would be affraid you guys did a better job making theyr ICON they they do...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Im talking about the "ram air 6" concept, looks alot different than the "normal" monaro. Also has 575 hp

http://www.fast-autos.net/pontiac/po...toramair6.html

I love the look of that car and well I knew Pontiac wouldn't let a GTO come off the line less then 400HP

This time around!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    that will never happen, i think GM would be affraid you guys did a better job making theyr ICON they they do...
    good point
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information