http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31788

FERRARI STANDING FIRM ON TESTING
Last Updated: Monday, 20, December, 2004, 11:28

Luca di Montezemolo says it is no other team’s business how much testing Ferrari do.

The Ferrari president is in no mood to back down in the current dispute between the world champions and the rest of the field over testing restrictions.

Montezemolo told Welt am Sonntag: "Imagine, in football, if Juventus or Bayern Munich or Manchester United had to train only in the morning, or only on Wednesdays.

“That would be stupid, manipulation. So, if I want my team to test for five days a week that is my problem."

When reminded how much money F1 teams spend on testing, Montezemolo still refused to budge.

He said: "But it is my money. Even if I throw it out of the window, that's my decision. The topic of cutting costs is important but internal decisions must remain unaffected."

The president believes that the changes in engine regulations are a much fairer way of reducing costs.

He said: "I think an engine for two races is good. It's a technical challenge for everyone and at the same time it costs less because at the end of development you need fewer engines.”