Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post

May 14, 2008

The Video You've Been Waiting To See

By Ed

We just came back from Germany. As promised, here's the video of John Heinricy's sub-8 minute lap of the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

To clarify, the car had no performance or operational modifications outside of what we intend to offer in production. We did have a couple of customary safety precautions, as the first goal of our testing is always to keep drivers like John safe. The car had a harness bar upon which a 6-way racing safety belt system was mounted. We also had a fire supression unit on board. These things add a little bit of weight to the car, certainly not helping performance any. Stock tires, too.

We had a chance to mount some cameras on the car and had the benefit of a beautiful day. Enjoy.
Yeah, right.
Sparco Evo 3 seats are incredibly light, and easily took some of the weight off that car, even with a harness bar.

Autoblog said something similar, except that it didn't hinder performance.

Either way, it's not a stock Caddy, so why should GM try to throw it in the face of BMW whose time was set by a stock M5? The testing part is fine, but I highly doubt BMW or Audi will care they got beat by a car wearing equipment that just so happens to also be racing equipment.
Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
apart from the seat, harness, fire extinguisher and rollcage, the caddy is stock, it even did the time with an auto, so i don't know why you think it's modified.
Common sense will say otherwise. It has modifications/non-production materials. It's a modified car as far as I'm concerned unless someone wants to test a M5 or RS4 with similar equipment and get a time for them.