The 2008 Race of Champions (Wiki Article with all placings etc) occurred today and the wonderman Sebastien Loeb winning his third Champion of Champions title. He defeated DC in the final. Of note, Carl Edwards beat Schuey in the quarters.

In the Nations' Cup, the German pairing of Schumacher and Vettel edged out the Scandinavians TK and Ekström in a tie break 3rd race. One thing I think mighta been cool and maybe Matra agrees woulda been instead of two UK teams, a Team Scotland and Team England - this rivalry could potentially draw more viewers and a pairing of DC and Dario or Marino Franchitti (now that McRae is gone) against a team of Button and Hamilton would be great - maybe 2009? Unfortunately, Hamilton did not take part in the event and only demonstrated his MP4-23.

It was apparently broadcast live on the web but I missed it. I doubt Speed had it but this is the sort of thing they should be showing especially as it's the off season. Speed is currently on HD preview and I did watch a bit of Formula Drift today - it wasn't very good.