Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: worst priced car

Holden VY2 Calais 5.7LT. $49,000.
    It's one i want and i havent that much
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

the mclaren cost alot because it is rare. They only produced 64 f1's.

oh, i know there are some people who own some incredible cars, and actually drive them like they were meant to be.....but they dont exactly dominate the market. also, how the hell did each mclaren cost over a million to make? maybe the european version is alot cheaper......how much they cost over there?
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

First it's all c/f and the first to go that way. THAT makes manufacturign expensive when everything is really prototype build.

Second the engine bay is lined in gold foil
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

There were 100 Mclaren F1s made .. 64 road cars, 5 F1 LMs (road legal), 3 F1 GTs (Road legal), 9 GTR 95, 9 GTR 96, 10 GTR 97. I have had this argument soo many times so I can remember everything off by heart. This is why the F1 is worth the money.

1) Made of Carbon Fibre, rarely used in cars in those days so at the time was expensive.
    2) Alot of gold sheeting was used of which the process of leafing it was expensive
    3) 3 Seats
    4) Superior central driving position
    5) Has a softer suspension than Enzo etc so its also smooth good on road
    6) Has more boot/trunk space than a Ford Fiesta .. compare than to any other supercar
    7) Interior uses extremely expensive materials such as High grade Alacantara
    8) If youve ever heard one, youll know what I mean when I say its one of the nicest sounding modern road cars, if you havent heard it, then go listen to it
    9) Gordon Murray wanted it to be his ideal supercar so he poured money into making and designing.
    10) The Enzo may just beat it on track but the Enzo isnt as luxurious or smooth.
    11) Mclaren has the best customer service ever, you can connect your car to a satellite modem anywhere in the world and it will beam your cars mechanical status direct to the Mclaren engineers.
    12) Its got a good badge .. turn up to a party in a Ferrari then you will be going home alone, turn up in a Mclaren and the chances are, the ladies havent heard of it so they cant say "toff" .. you go home with 2 ladies because you have the extra seat
    13) Very exclusive .. ive only ever seen one Mclaren on the road in my whole entire life and that was because we were driving by the Mclaren factory. So far ive seen 3 different Enzos on the road.
    14) Is the price too high if the second theyre coming on the market theyre being sold?
    15) Smaller than other supercars so its easier to get around small places.
    16) There are much more hours put into building the F1 than there was building the Enzo .. the production line for the F1 was only 3 cars long in comparison to the hige Enzo one.

Additional crap :

The Mclaren F1 GT which did not go into production is the equivalent of the Enzo .. just faster in all aspects. It still has 3 seats and a higher sense of luxury but its also lower, longer and more aerodynamic. Unfortunatley no figures have been released but Murray once said its "surprisingly quicker than the normal F1". The true equivalent to the Enzo is the F1 LM though .. stripped out lightweight road going race car to comemarate the Lemans wins .. 0-60 is around 3 seconds. Held the 0-100-0 world record for a long time until Autocar magazine beat their own record in a Caterham R500 and then Ultima beat it in the 620bhp+ GTR.

And also, Johnny Flash, you are thinking of the Clio V6 which rivals the Impreza and Evo but doesnt have the bad image of an Evo or Impreza. I wouldnt call it terribly overpriced, you could probably knock the dealer down £2000. The most expensive Cliosport apart from the V6 is something like £12k and its definatley worth it.

Oh - and about the Mclaren production thing. Mclaren F1s were never built for the American market. The only reason they are legal over there is because they comply with the rule that if less than 500 were made of a certain car and isnt legal in the US, its is allowed. Same with the Exige S1 .. Americans battles for it but failed in the end and had to convert them themselves to be legal. Which made them slow. The American version is the UK version .. and the UK version reached 240.1 mph. There is speculation that it was de-catted but this would have been allowed anyway because it wouldnt matter until your MOT when it could be refitted.
    Last edited by :Exige:; 12-17-2004 at 06:25 PM.

For one, i think with the Enzo you DEFINATELY get what you pay for, and on the subject of assholes that turn their sexy seductressess of speed into trailer queens, come on, i drive a 99' Dodge Neon 2 door, and even I push that hard, lol...

I thought they wanted a little too much for the Mini, NOT the turbo one. I wanted one but when i saw the price i didnt ask my parents...

wow.......holy crap. so the f1 actually isnt that jacked up in price......holy crap! but one thing......if its c/f.....wouldnt that make it one of the first street legal supercars that actually has a reputation to use it? (im gonna have to change my opinion a bit here.....thats still a bit scary, 1 mil and its not jacked up)
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    There were 100 Mclaren F1s made .. 64 road cars, 5 F1 LMs (road legal), 3 F1 GTs (Road legal), 9 GTR 95, 9 GTR 96, 10 GTR 97. I have had this argument soo many times so I can remember everything off by heart. This is why the F1 is worth the money.

1) Made of Carbon Fibre, rarely used in cars in those days so at the time was expensive.
    2) Alot of gold sheeting was used of which the process of leafing it was expensive
    3) 3 Seats
    4) Superior central driving position
    5) Has a softer suspension than Enzo etc so its also smooth good on road
    6) Has more boot/trunk space than a Ford Fiesta .. compare than to any other supercar
    7) Interior uses extremely expensive materials such as High grade Alacantara
    8) If youve ever heard one, youll know what I mean when I say its one of the nicest sounding modern road cars, if you havent heard it, then go listen to it
    9) Gordon Murray wanted it to be his ideal supercar so he poured money into making and designing.
    10) The Enzo may just beat it on track but the Enzo isnt as luxurious or smooth.
    11) Mclaren has the best customer service ever, you can connect your car to a satellite modem anywhere in the world and it will beam your cars mechanical status direct to the Mclaren engineers.
    12) Its got a good badge .. turn up to a party in a Ferrari then you will be going home alone, turn up in a Mclaren and the chances are, the ladies havent heard of it so they cant say "toff" .. you go home with 2 ladies because you have the extra seat
    13) Very exclusive .. ive only ever seen one Mclaren on the road in my whole entire life and that was because we were driving by the Mclaren factory. So far ive seen 3 different Enzos on the road.
    14) Is the price too high if the second theyre coming on the market theyre being sold?
    15) Smaller than other supercars so its easier to get around small places.
    16) There are much more hours put into building the F1 than there was building the Enzo .. the production line for the F1 was only 3 cars long in comparison to the hige Enzo one.

Additional crap :

The Mclaren F1 GT which did not go into production is the equivalent of the Enzo .. just faster in all aspects. It still has 3 seats and a higher sense of luxury but its also lower, longer and more aerodynamic. Unfortunatley no figures have been released but Murray once said its "surprisingly quicker than the normal F1". The true equivalent to the Enzo is the F1 LM though .. stripped out lightweight road going race car to comemarate the Lemans wins .. 0-60 is around 3 seconds. Held the 0-100-0 world record for a long time until Autocar magazine beat their own record in a Caterham R500 and then Ultima beat it in the 620bhp+ GTR.

And also, Johnny Flash, you are thinking of the Clio V6 which rivals the Impreza and Evo but doesnt have the bad image of an Evo or Impreza. I wouldnt call it terribly overpriced, you could probably knock the dealer down £2000. The most expensive Cliosport apart from the V6 is something like £12k and its definatley worth it.

Oh - and about the Mclaren production thing. Mclaren F1s were never built for the American market. The only reason they are legal over there is because they comply with the rule that if less than 500 were made of a certain car and isnt legal in the US, its is allowed. Same with the Exige S1 .. Americans battles for it but failed in the end and had to convert them themselves to be legal. Which made them slow. The American version is the UK version .. and the UK version reached 240.1 mph. There is speculation that it was de-catted but this would have been allowed anyway because it wouldnt matter until your MOT when it could be refitted.
    haha yeah, but can the road-going F1s handle?
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Are you kidding mate? THEY HANDLE LIKE THE MOON HANDLES THE TIDES!

I would have to say the VW Touareg (which I hate) is stupidly overpriced at 87,000$ can., the new Audi A8 is a bit overpriced starting at 99,000$ can. (you can get a damn good sedan car for that money, heck you can get a new M3 at 35,000$ less). I would have to say that there are A LOT of cars out there that are really overpriced for what they have to offer.

I think the Porsche Boxster is over priced. A fully loaded Boxster S is practically as much as a 911.

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    haha yeah, but can the road-going F1s handle?
    Simple answer: YES

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    if this post was meant to disprove convy's post, you failed.
    that wasnt the goal, i was just adding that alot of true high performance cars are expensive, but a reletive bargain
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    wow.......holy crap. so the f1 actually isnt that jacked up in price......holy crap! but one thing......if its c/f.....wouldnt that make it one of the first street legal supercars that actually has a reputation to use it? (im gonna have to change my opinion a bit here.....thats still a bit scary, 1 mil and its not jacked up)
    as far as carbon fiber goes, the F40 was constructed of it, something like 8 years beforehand, so it's not THAT new of a thing to road cars...

Thread Information