Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mclaren F1 in US?

Not to brag, but my collection of F1s is closing in on 40 at the moment. There are some which can't be seen in this shot and one or two in the mail on their way now. It's an expensive addiction.

>8^)
    ER
    Attached Images Attached Images

expensive? thats the least u can say!
    i saw this one model it was about the length of your fore-arm.. it was sooo detailed, all the way to the gold platings and plate with the chassis number.
    it was 400$CAN though
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Yes - that's the 1/12th scale created by Paul's Model Art - a former off shoot of Minichamps/UT. I have one in blue. Here's a few shots of it - the details are wonderful but it's hard to tell that it's blue sometimes.

Clickable thumbnails...

I paid $375 USD for it over a year ago. There are 5 other colors: silver, green, red, yellow & dark grey. Someone on another forum shared this shot of his set:

The silver and the dark grey versions often sell for well over $800 USD.

They were around $450 USD when new and PMA made 2000 of each color.

>8^)
    ER

I have 2 Fina GTR Longtails, The Gulf 1, A black racing one, the Red, white, and yellow, and a black F1 GTR 1/18th scales.

I see you got a GT as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peloton25
    Not to brag, but my collection of F1s is closing in on 40 at the moment. There are some which can't be seen in this shot and one or two in the mail on their way now. It's an expensive addiction.

>8^)
    ER
    Excellent collection! I know what you mean about the addiction, I'm the same way with Ferraris... I've got over 50 now...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbullet
    OMG Thats the car that has been sitting in my garage for 6 years!!!!!!! man!!!!

Well i do have a Mclaren F1
    original

how did you know its original!!
    (jk jk jk Never will own a F1)
    Last edited by goldenbullet; 12-22-2004 at 02:25 PM.

Hey peleton nice models is it drivable? jk jk
    ive been to there website but they say there car puts out 625 hp or somthing like that but i would think that it would put out more than that because its a v12....

Oh hey peleton i think your going to own one of those cars at the rate your going at!!!!! if you ever own one gimme a ride?
    Last edited by goldenbullet; 12-22-2004 at 02:22 PM.

Do you know anybody who owns a orange Mclaren F1 there was sombody on tv that i was watching that you never said his name i forgot his name though if i see it again ill make shure ill get his name but if you already know who it is please tell me i gotta know..!!!!! Its in the us if there is many orange ones in the us can you try to give out any names?

Yes - that's the 1/12th scale created by Paul's Model Art - a former off shoot of Minichamps/UT. I have one in blue. Here's a few shots of it - the details are wonderful but it's hard to tell that it's blue sometimes.

Clickable thumbnails...

I paid $375 USD for it over a year ago. There are 5 other colors: silver, green, red, yellow & dark grey. Someone on another forum shared this shot of his set:

The silver and the dark grey versions often sell for well over $800 USD.

They were around $450 USD when new and PMA made 2000 of each color.

>8^)
    ER
    that is amazing. great collection man. really something u have there. think u can give us a picture of ALL the ones u have? that would just make my day...really
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

I cant belive people on this small site have seen McLaren F1s, thats insane.... I'd die if i could see one of those.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Well it's easier for us as they used to get prime position at all the car shows and still regularly turn up
    So far I've not been lucky enough to have an F1 when I've been out on the track - now THAT I'd love to follow (try!)
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I was looking more for the month/year of your sightings of his F1. The photos of his car that I have seen were all taken in 2001 I believe, and a lot can happen to a car during that length of time. If you have seen it more recently than that I would be curious to know.

Unfortunately, it's a bit of a drive for me to get over there, so I don't think I'll make it.

RS6 - What a sight that must have been. You may know this, but Rowan Atkinson is a big car enthusiast who spends a lot of time on the track in vintage Aston Martins and the occasional old Bentley as well. In the past he has written articles for magazines like CAR, and most recently the Carrera GT/McLaren F1 comparison that EVO did.

On the internet, he's most widely known for crashing his McLaren F1 - although the rumors surrounding him totalling the car are hugely exaggerated. He did do several thousand dollars damage to the nose of the car, but it was fully repaired by McLaren and is surely as good as new now. Photos of his F1 are quite rare, so if you happen to have any please share them if you will. This is the only shot that could be considered "good" but it's the only one I have seen from this setting and not the best shot one could take of an F1 in my opinion:

Atkinson's F1 did make a brief cameo appearance during the Enzo test Top Gear did this year, where they did brief snippets on previous supercars. Here's a set of screengrabs I put together from the preview for that episode.

There's also the familiar shot of his F1 with the nose all battered, but it's not one I really care to look at.

>8^)
    ER

And here's a pic of his F1's damaged front end
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've seen every McLaren model besides a F1 GT.

Show me that and I'll die.

I was looking through my newly aquired copy of "Into the Red" and noticed that Nick Mason's red, road spec F1 GTR prototype is the very same that I saw at Goodwood a couple of years ago. Cool.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information