View Poll Results: which car is better???

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • r34 skyline

23 51.11%
  • 350z

9 20.00%
  • supra

5 11.11%
  • rx8

8 17.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: r34 > 350z > supra > rx8

Wow the supra really seems to be left out. I guess no one realizes its potential. 600hp can be had for just about $7000, with 1000 coming up at just under $30,000. That and it looks the best by far out of all of those. Well at least when I finally get around to finding the money to get one, less people will be looking.
    FWD and performance, never have, and never will mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Widsinator
    Wow the supra really seems to be left out. I guess no one realizes its potential. 600hp can be had for just about $7000, with 1000 coming up at just under $30,000. That and it looks the best by far out of all of those. Well at least when I finally get around to finding the money to get one, less people will be looking.
    where do you think you are? with the exception of a select few, no one can throw seven grand into a half-job sprts car just for more power. much more do they want to.

all im saying is that "potential" is not good enough, especially with a $7G+ add ons price tag
    pondering things

A day in the life of a 1000hp Supra owner:
    Supra owner: Dude, my supra has 1000hp, here is my prized dyno printout.
    Bystander: Awesome, where is it?
    SO: In the shop.

What the fsck is a person going to do with a 1000hp steet car?

My vote is for the Z, all round beauty coupe with tune up potential should one require, the RX-8 is certainly different but I dislike teh NA rotary's elastic power delivery, but it's a terrific cruiser.
    I haven't driven in a Z yet, but I'd still go for it regardless out of that list.
    If I had a family, It'd be the RX-8 OC...

Right now I am in honk kong, but usually alpharetta, ga why do you ask? Someone will put $7000 into a car when they love the car. $7000 is nothing in the reality of car tuning. Targa you dont even own a car yet, and have just over $500 saved so I do not think you are in any position to talk to me about this topic. There are some people on the board old enough to have fun cars, and tune them too. Matra comes to mind. P4 judging by your name you dont have a car either, so same goes for you. BTW, IDK what you'd do with a 1000HP street car, but this is what you can do with a 1375HP one. http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302022

EDIT: Targa your right they wouldn't throw $7,000 into a car just for more power, first you have to get some sweet Nawz, JDM tite stuff yo, stickaz, and a wing. You have a very skewed perception about the amount of money in the car tuning world.

EDIT 2: Wrong about pricing look at http://suprastore.com/45suppac.html . 600 for $7,000 is aobut right but 1050hp is only $10,399, 1325 is $30,000.
    Last edited by Widsinator; 08-01-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Targa you dont even own a car yet, and have just over $500 saved so I do not think you are in any position to talk to me about this topic.
    Yeah, he does.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

P4 judging by your name you dont have a car either, so same goes for you.
    Why is it always the Supra fans that are the shit talkers in a forum?

My car is here http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...310#post352310

As for the kits you quoted, they like every bad tuner totally neglect every area apart from engine.
    Brakes, tyres, transmission, suspension, cost of dyno tuning etc
    It may be, on a very good day, $30K for the engine parts needed for 1 megawatt, but you don't have a car for that price.
    Also, revving a 2JZ to the 9500rpm needed to get that power is for the irresponsible and ludicrously rich only.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite
    As for the kits you quoted, they like every bad tuner totally neglect every area apart from engine.
    Brakes, tyres, transmission, suspension, cost of dyno tuning etc
    It may be, on a very good day, $30K for the engine parts needed for 1 megawatt, but you don't have a car for that price.
    Also, revving a 2JZ to the 9500rpm needed to get that power is for the irresponsible and ludicrously rich only.
    there was a 700hp supra for sale near me for $35000AUD, it was present at the autosalon but i don't know how useable it would have been on the road. also he may only be selling it for 35k but that could be a considerable loss from the amount of money he spent on it.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

P4 my bad about assuming you dont have a car, I actually quite like your car alot. Targa what is that saved money for, I assumed a first car, my bad again. I wrote all of that at 2am and rereading it now it is a little exageratted, and I really don't feel like getting into an arguement like this again, so this will be my last reply about this. And I realized about the drivetrain, suspension, wheels, tires, brakes, I was just giveing the figures for engine only, but I know it will cost much more in the end.

P4 my bad about assuming you dont have a car, I actually quite like your car alot. Targa what is that saved money for, I assumed a first car, my bad again. I wrote all of that at 2am and rereading it now it is a little exageratted, and I really don't feel like getting into an arguement like this again, so this will be my last reply about this. And I realized about the drivetrain, suspension, wheels, tires, brakes, I was just giveing the figures for engine only, but I know it will cost much more in the end.
    i do have a car. i do not care about the money scope of the automotive tuning world. and no, that money isnt for a first car. maybe, just maybe, if you are around for a bit and see what the hell is going on, then you can insult people properly.

*KEY TO SUCCESSFUL DEBATE*
    know whats going on around you
    pondering things

Targa we have both joined in the same month, I just do not have as much time to browse the forums as you. You have 1,427 posts, while I have 167. That means I don't post often as you, so I will not have as much knowledge, I was debating about the supra and its potential, not my knowledge of members lives, which honestly I could give a shit about.

Targa we have both joined in the same month, I just do not have as much time to browse the forums as you. You have 1,427 posts, while I have 167. That means I don't post often as you, so I will not have as much knowledge, I was debating about the supra and its potential, not my knowledge of members lives, which honestly I could give a shit about.
    Then why bring him up in your rant?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    where do you think you are? with the exception of a select few, no one can throw seven grand into a half-job sprts car just for more power. much more do they want to.
    He rudley brought me out, so I responded. I didn't target anyone specific in my first post until I was targeted.

Google fight says:
    r34 Skyline - 146,000
    350z - 577,000
    supra - 3,120,000
    rx8 - 376,000

Happy?

Haha yes, it is settled now that we have hard numbers.

Thanks for that.
    I do love my car, it's a comfy cruiser for 5 but I'd like it even more with some extra horses.

Please remember where you are, it's a car forum with liberal moderation, if you start talking crap and making big assumptions, assholes (like me) will have no problem tearing you a new one.

Also, this thread was never about outright power potential and $30 000 will make any car sufficiently fast for streeting.

Thread Information