View Poll Results: Who will win Bathurst?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marcos Ambrose/Warren Luff (Car #1)

2 15.38%
  • Mark Skaife/Todd Kelly (Car #2)

2 15.38%
  • Jason Bright/David Brabham (Car #6)

0 0%
  • Russell Ingall/Luke Youlden (Car #9)

0 0%
  • Rick Kelly/Garth Tander (Car #16)

1 7.69%
  • Steven Johnson/Will Davison (Car #17)

0 0%
  • Glenn Seton/Dean Canto (Car #18)

0 0%
  • Jason Bargwarnna/Mark Winterbottom (Car #20)

0 0%
  • John Bowe/Brad Jones (Car #21)

1 7.69%
  • Jim Richards/James Courtney (Car #22)

0 0%
  • Steven Richards/Paul Dumbrell (Car #24)

0 0%
  • Cameron McConville/Andrew Jones (Car #34)

0 0%
  • Greg Murphy/Paul Weel (Car #51)

3 23.08%
  • Paul Radisich/Paul Morris (Car #67)

0 0%
  • Craig Lowdnes/Yvan Muller (Car #888)

4 30.77%

Thread: Who will win Bathurst?

Who will win Bathurst?

Take your pick from these most likely contenders. I couldn't fit everybody in because of the limit of 15 options on polls.

Lowndes for sure. The last 2 years hes gotten 2nd in sub standard cars, this is his year to get another crown
    I am the Stig

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Greg Murphy, no doubt....
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Lowndes will hopefully win it, the team seems to have their shit together when it comes to the longer enduro type races, Hope Skaife goes out early because he's a arrogant c--ksucker
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

The only disadvantage to Skaife going out early is he'll take Todd Kelly with him
    I am the Stig

Plan and simply good with many wins and domianting years under his belt mark skaife always seems to get called arrogant.
    Let me introduce you to some other arrogant people.
    Andrew Bogert.
    Larry Perkins.
    Peter Brock.
    Paul Keating.
    Wayne Carey.
    Gordan Tallis.
    lleyton hewitt.
    Steve Waugh.
    Pete Sampress.
    Michael Shumacher.

Why is it that 95% of the time when someone is great or one of the best going around for a big period of time called arrogant?
    They do 3-5 things that isn't like and they get noticed like a 100 foot ant.
    Tall poppy it's called
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Don't care who wins, I'm just gonna make sure I watch it at all. I live in a hostel at uni and the only tv is in the common room. I'll beat people up if I have to to watch it, and I won't be leavin till it's over. Who cares about study, this takes priority.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Plan and simply good with many wins and domianting years under his belt mark skaife always seems to get called arrogant.
    Let me introduce you to some other arrogant people.
    Andrew Bogert.
    Larry Perkins.
    Peter Brock.
    Paul Keating.
    Wayne Carey.
    Gordan Tallis.
    lleyton hewitt.
    Steve Waugh.
    Pete Sampress.
    Michael Shumacher.

Why is it that 95% of the time when someone is great or one of the best going around for a big period of time called arrogant?
    They do 3-5 things that isn't like and they get noticed like a 100 foot ant.
    Tall poppy it's called
    Nephew is in the Ad business, the agency he works for has the Bridgestone account, had many dealings with Mark Skaife and thats basically what he said about him. Just stating what I've heard from someone who has dealt with him on many occasions from a reliable source. Dont know about the other personalities you mentioned, only from their public persona which doesnt give a fair indication of the person personality
    Last edited by charged; 09-25-2005 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Nephew is in the Ad business, the agency he works for has the Bridgestone account, had many dealings with Mark Skaife and thats basically what he said about him. Just stating what I've heard from someone who has dealt with him on many occasions from a reliable source. Dont know about the other personalities you mentioned, only from their public persona which doesnt give a fair indication of the person personality
    Passing people don't give you a true indication of what they are really like
    Nathan Buckley has the nickname (FIGJAM) he get's this from 15 other AFL teams supporters. Is he a FIGJAM ??? Away from the public he might very well be a top nice bloke.
    Paul keating was always known as a arrogant guy because he said what he wanted to was straight to the point and didn't hold back anything he said it straight and whatever was on his mind he said it. Some people are just like that. And because we hate people that come across like that doesn't mean there arrogant.
    Do we start to call Marcus Ambrose Arrogant to? The jokes and rumours are starting to surface about him now just like with skaife, And i say it's amazing what happens after you win a couple of championships everyone does start to watch and wait for them to do something wrong so they can put them down.

My nephew has'nt passed him .He has dealt with Skaife on many occasions and thats his take on him

You know my mum meet Rupert murdock in 92 at the Old Herald sun building in the city Melbourne. They had the place ready for him to visit everything had to be right you had to call him Mr murdock and not spoke till spoken to.
    Her take on him was this man that was the most powerful man in the world with this I'm the biggest thing since slice bread. One very powerful man. But she didn't see him as arrogant he spoke to her ask her how was things going how work this and that. Not a rude man really just a guy that knows who he is, And knows how powerful he is.

My point is some people have a personality of I'm good I'm better everyone can't be the same. That doesn't make them f@!k#n c^*k s$#k&rs w%n&e@s

Anyone remember AFL legend Kelvin Tempelton ex Footscray Melbourne player???
    I won this Comp in 4ntwenty i think it was i was about 6-7.
    It was to meet him have my pic in the paper and all that. He was my hero. Anyway he turns up 50min late walks over me straight to the guy incharge and demands his money first. Spends 5 min with me taking pic's and leaves. Never spoke more then 10 words to me my mum tells me. She had to be held back from beating his head in.
    You know what she called him... A money hungry rude pig.
    He didn't even wear any football gear my mum said it was like i was germs to him. Lucky i can't remember it happening.

Typically the people who reach the top in any field will be labled as arrogant, this is simply because to reach the top a high level of focus is required.

This often means that those who are not required to help these people attain the goals they are aiming for will be considered as someone who is holding them back from their goal and will not get the see the true nature of that person.

Thread Information