Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best country to live.

Halifax is a pretty great city. You get a big city feel with much less crime, and a bangin' night life. Plus, its in the maratimes.

Pre-and-post Clinton and post-Carter United States.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

I love living here in Auckland NZ......one of the safest places to be, and great lifestyle. Shame about the weather right now though.. On that living standards thing it said Auckland came 5th....yay!
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Vancouver is on the ocean, so yes, of course there are beaches. I like swimming in the summer, but it would probably be too cold for you
    i go swimming in winter sometimes
    Plus, I like being surrounded by mountains, but you guys probably don't care too much about that.
    that's what New Zealand's for
    Australia is definitely awesome. Melbourne,
    i didn't find melbourne that great - i think it's appeal is more towards those over 40 or so
    and they hate street signs, apparently.
    i definately want to visit Canada for a few months, both in summer and winter, i have some friends in Montreal so one day when i can afford to i'll definately come across to get my ass kicked at snowboarding
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 09-15-2006 at 09:17 PM.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    and they hate street signs, apparently.
    Tuggeranong in Canberra is the same.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Plus, I like being surrounded by mountains, but you guys probably don't care too much about that.
    Me, too. I've always lived surrounded by mountains and I'm so used to it I doubt I could live somewhere with no mountains in the area...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Living near mountains means 2 lane mountain roads with little to no traffic. I <3 mountains.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Pre-and-post Clinton and post-Carter United States.
    Kennedy OK?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Kennedy OK?
    Yep. According to news reporter/journalist George Putnam (now 92 years old), who knew Kennedy personally, he was a fiscal conservative who passed a tax cut very similar to Reagan's and Bush's.

New zealand...hmmn...not auckland traffic's a bitch.

If you're a big one over teenage pregnancy then don't come here..but other than that

Terroists don't have beef with us.

Liberals in government for over 2 terms now.

No crazy stupid laws

No over-crowding (except Auckland maybe)

Give Auckland a miss and its a pretty good place?

Equal treatment for natives and Europeans (things like Maori TV, the Maori Political Party, Maori seats in parliament, etc) unlike Australia!

and we arn't THAT mountainous!
    Last edited by Spastik_Roach; 09-15-2006 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo
    That's gotta be one of the best definitions of our country. Although I do think the mentality in the part where I live (south) is different from where you live. Here it's much more friendly... I'm not saying I hate other parts of the country but when I'm over there I feel a bit 'unwanted'. Nonetheless, the part about the foriegners is (sadly enough) true. I hate it because many of my friends have an Turkish background...
    My backgroudn is part Dutch,part Surinam,part Indonesian. But i look white for which i need to be thankful,I guess. People are often very surprised when i say that the beloved Pim Fortuijn wanted me out of my native country !!!

With the way people are I mean they always try to fit in with the rest. Its a pretty stupid Dutch habit which also is part-cause of the undriveable roads. In my part people are often quite selfish towards strangers which also helps.
    Last edited by drakkie; 09-16-2006 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Me, too. I've always lived surrounded by mountains and I'm so used to it I doubt I could live somewhere with no mountains in the area...
    Have you been to Canada? I think you'd like BC. Go salmon fishing

By the way, those are hills, not mountains. Not much of a mountain if it's less than a kilometre tall
    Attached Images Attached Images

Many people say Canada is the best or one of the best countries in the world to live in. Canada would certainly be included in a list of the top 10 countries in the world to live in but you would have to like the very cold Canadian weather though.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Sydney, Australia...we have a big bridge ...and Kangaroos
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by john14
    Many people say Canada is the best or one of the best countries in the world to live in. Canada would certainly be included in a list of the top 10 countries in the world to live in but you would have to like the very cold Canadian weather though.
    That's quite a generalization to make. Keep in mind the size and especially latitudes that Canada fills on a map. Cities like Winnipeg (more central, far from the ocean) can get tempuratures like -35 in the winter and 40 in the summer (I still can't figure out why 700,000 people would live there). In the Yukon the lowest recorded temperature was -63 (!!!). That said, I don't really think I could live anywhere else in Canada but where I am now.

Vancouver and Victoria, on the other hand, don't even sees much snowfall during the winter. It doesn't usually get much colder than -2 on the very coldest days in Winter. Plus it's just right during Summer :P

I was in Hanoi, Vietnam last February and it was actually colder there than it was back home! It was 12 in Hanoi, and when I called home to talk to my friends and family they told me it was 15 in Vancouver

Thread Information