View Poll Results: saleen s7 or veyron what do you like better?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • saleen S7

8 29.63%
  • bugatti veyron

19 70.37%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is a better super car saleen s7 or veyron?

Quote Originally Posted by acemotorsport
    wtf..
    a 1.8t can nevar lose.

I love how people take these threads and take the uselessness out of them for the humor of others. If everyone just said "I like Car X better than Car Y", with no jokes, or anything, I'd probably piss in my eyes out of boredom.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Actually other way around, sources have tested the S7 TTs topspeed to be anywhere from 247 to 250MPH....oh annnd it doesn't need to be parked and driven in a straight line to reach its topspeed...eat it Veyron.
    Of course obviously you don't know, and you don't read magazines. Decent ones at least. Otherwise you'd know the Veyron is way faster on a twisty road then even an Enzo, Carrera GT and Zonda. It doesn't make of it an attractive car, for sure. At least I don't like it. But is potential can't be denied.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by kigango123
    comparing v8 even with forced induction to a W16 in acceleration is undoubtedly stupid and unthinkable,
    W16 wins in acceleration by a mile,the v8 might compete in top speed due to high rpm turbo boost but not in acceleration
    How so? The S7 is 1400lbs lighter.
    The 750hp TT S7 ran the 1/4 mile in 10.9@140mph (C&D), while Bugatti estimates a 10.8@140mph time for the Veyron (cant find any official tests). No doubt with 250 extra hp the S7 will be a low 10 second car, beating the Veyron (which has the advantage of a quick shifting transmission, 1 more gear, and AWD).
    Well just have to wait for the 1000hp S7 TT to be tested...

Although I will never drive either car I will fight anyone TO THE DEATH to defend the position that the ultra VW is the superior vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite
    Although I will never drive either car I will fight anyone TO THE DEATH to defend the position that the ultra VW is the superior vehicle.
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite
    Grieving...

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    I love how people take these threads and take the uselessness out of them for the humor of others. If everyone just said "I like Car X better than Car Y", with no jokes, or anything, I'd probably piss in my eyes out of boredom.
    Funny
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    Has the top speed of the S7 been proven/documented? Does the Veyron accelerate significantly faster than the S7? I've seen 0-60 figures for the veyron that range between 2.5 and 2.8 seconds, and I consistently find 2.8 seconds for the S7 TT (that's the 750 hp version). I wonder what the 1000 hp one can do...
    Saleen has been tested at 3.3 0-60 by road and track and 250mph by them aswell

Quote Originally Posted by McReis
    Of course obviously you don't know, and you don't read magazines. Decent ones at least. Otherwise you'd know the Veyron is way faster on a twisty road then even an Enzo, Carrera GT and Zonda. It doesn't make of it an attractive car, for sure. At least I don't like it. But is potential can't be denied.
    Well define good magazine...my info is from Road and Track which I got from a newstand...i subscribe to Car and Driver however.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    Welcome to our new fanboy.
    I thought I was the fanboy?
    Join V8SuperChat NOW!
    http://vee-eight.super-forum.net

Saleen has been tested at 3.3 0-60 by road and track and 250mph by them aswell
    Road and Track sucks monkey balls. What did they get for the veyron? Was this the S7 TT or the older NA one? Did they actually drive the S7 up to 250 or was it estimated? I'll bet I know the answer to that last one.

Well define good magazine...my info is from Road and Track which I got from a newstand...i subscribe to Car and Driver however.
    Read EVO's october issue.

The veyron was made to go that fast from the start the saleen started at 550 hp with their first car. it isnt designed for 1000 or more hp. Even if it can handle it I dont think it would it do as easy as the veyron.

And dont forget the veyron can also be a relaxed cruiser at the same time. A saleen is hardcore all the time.

They are both amazing cars with their own beauty and shapes in different ways. I believe the veyron's form functioning body is amazingly slick and the s7 just looks good in my opinion. It all comes down to what you are looking for in a car. Personally I would take the S7 and try and prove that American cars can be a very powerful force to recken with.

Thread Information