Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1986 BMW 325es

O yes if the engine does have something wrong with, because of the miles, how much is it going to cost me in parts to rebuild it? And what is the likelyhood of the transmission being bad? I still haven't test driven it yet, but i plan to this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brew
    O yes if the engine does have something wrong with, because of the miles, how much is it going to cost me in parts to rebuild it? And what is the likelyhood of the transmission being bad? I still haven't test driven it yet, but i plan to this weekend.
    You know what man! look for a deferent car,this one is going to give you an headache in the future...I would not do it,BUT for $500 is what ill pay for that car.
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I'm curious, i have a 1986 325 es with 54,000 +/- original miles on it in beautiful shape. If one sells for $1,500 with 250,000 miles on it, how much would one with low miles sell for?

Quote Originally Posted by ameses32
    I'm curious, i have a 1986 325 es with 54,000 +/- original miles on it in beautiful shape. If one sells for $1,500 with 250,000 miles on it, how much would one with low miles sell for?
    It's hard to tell based on that little information. Its always different, depending on overall condition, options, and where you live. That last aspect is the most important - check your local classifieds for other cars, check craigslist.com, etc, etc. Start at a price you think would be high, and gauge how you should price it by how many responses you get.

As for the original question, I definitely wouldn't pay any price above triple digits for a car with that much milage. Look around, you'll find a better deal - just wait for it. Keep in mind that paying $2000 for a car with 200,000kms on it is better than paying $1000 for a car with $400,000 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ameses32
    check out the roadfly.com boards

or even better, check out www.e30tech.net < thats where the real hardcore E30 guys are (at least the ones in the states)

EDIT: sorry if that looks like spam, but its not, its just the truth

i'd buy it, even if it does have 250k miles on it, it will be worth it, just test drive it, but be careful, if it makes a knocking sound, you might not want to buy it my friend HAD an 87' 325i, and it had a clicking sound at first, his rpm gauge went out, and the thing sounded like it was about to throw a rod or something haha, so he traded some other guy for a 5.0 , no worries, he hates it, and will be getting rid of it asap, and getting another bmw

but yeah

250k miles, i've seen some e30's with over 300k miles, and still run strong, i'd def buy it for that price as well
    United States of Trance

Thank you for advice on how to find prices on used cars it's very helpful to me. i noticed my car has 45,000 miles not 54,000. it's kinda hard to find a price since not many have such low miles. maybe i'll have it appraised...

Thread Information