Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Improved Production Racing in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    As of last night I now have 1 of these
    Well done I promise you will not be sorry.. Look forward to seeing and hearing how you go Just remember, take it easy, the speed will come with time and experience.
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

Motorsport; the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The scream of Vtec

There is a Super Sprint round including the HSV, Alfa and WRX clubs (in conjunction with Southern Sporting Car Club, which I joined) at Oran Park (big circuit) on the 26th of this month, unfortunately I'm pre-booked and so will have to make my 1st day in the new year.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Qld State Chships RD6 25/26Nov06

Its on again this weekend, at Morgan Park on the beautiful Darling Downs, all the usual suspects will be there. Included will be a repaired "screaming flea"
    Practice am Saturday, racing will commence approx 1.00pm Saturday afternoon, and start again 9.00 Sunday.
    The Improved Production championship outright has already been decided,so the boys can really go for it. In the U-1600cc ballast can perhaps get third, to cap off a fairy unhappy and unrepresentative year. Here's hoping
    See you out there
    "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; but you can make a mighty fast pig." Carroll Shelby

The scream of Vtec

21 cars in improd one of the smaller fields we've had this year but all quality
    plus two mini's or should i call them bmw with a mini badge could be fun see you there blackie
    vetec it's the automotive equivilent of schizaphrenia
    single handly keeping stanley headlight's in business
    founding member of the over 2lt asault team

wait, this weekend? shit
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah that's what i said give us a call if you are coming out clutch

info just to hand QUEENSLAND RACEWAY will not be holding any cams state champ rounds in 2007 , they will instead be conducting a champ under the aasa baner though consisting of several rounds including prise money

How come no racing at the paperclip, does that mean some rounds at Lakeside .If you are holding the IPRA Nats next year where will they be run ?
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    How come no racing at the paperclip, does that mean some rounds at Lakeside .If you are holding the IPRA Nats next year where will they be run ?
    It's not quite clear yet mate. The word is so far unofficial, it came off the QRDA website. Apparently the owner of QR told competitors at the last AASA meeting that QR would not be hosting any CAMS state level meetings in '07. Now what is not clear is if that means the track is not available for hire to other CAMS-affiliated clubs that may want to run a meeting there. What is clear is that Lakeside will not be run under CAMS regs for the foreseeable future (read '07), the track licence lapsed after Lakeside ceased operation in '01, and has not been renewed due to the legal wrangling between the Pine Rivers Shire Council, which now owns the place, and other parties. Also the preferred operator for Lakeside is Queensland Raceway, whose owner John Tetley is firmly in the AASA camp. Talking to ballast tonight and he says that it appears that the V8s will run at QR for the last time in '07, before that event is moved to Townsville in '08. That will mean that both V8 rounds in QLD will be held on street tracks. But to go back to your original question, the chances of the IP Nationals running at Lakeside next year are nil, and at QR appear to be diminished. That leaves Morgan Park, which has a track density of 29 cars... , which makes the picture even less clear.

The scream of Vtec

i'm afraid next year at qr is as clear as mud but you could run the nats at morgan park but the whole meeting would probably be for improd only no support catergory's then maybe they could run over and under 2lt ,dunno next year is going to be interesting

They usually run the A, B, C, D groups for the heats, then the reparcharge and final at the last 2 Nationals I've been to. I think Baskerville Tassie has a track density of 33 cars and I know Mallala has 36 car density limit. At Tassie this year the repercharge wasn't run due to the amount of DNF's. If the Nats are in Queensland a fair few NSW and Vics will make the trip and the feilds for O2L and U2L will be huge.

Hey good luck for this weekend, hope you go well and keep away from those pesky spinners. Would have loved to go over to PI this weekend for the Island magic, we have a local guy running over there and he has a good chance for the outright and maybe lap record aswell. Car 55 keep an eye on it on Natsoft, I wont be able to access Natsoft this weekend, headin up the shack to get the boat wet and see if I can hurt myself wakeboarding.

Next weekend is the drive day at Mallala, have my ride booked in at 10.30am, cant bloody wait, will be the most fun Ive had with my clothes on for a long time.

Also the KE20 is now going ATMO for the first year, that way we can have it on the track for its first supersprint early next year and its a better way to get accustomed to racing. We now wont have to upgrade the g/box,diff,brakes etc. Interior is now completley stripped and the nephew has started the wiring looms for the engine etc. We have stripped the engine and it looks in fairly good nick, will have to see how it goes. It will get rebuilt next off season if the turbo upgrade takes place.

Cheers
    John

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    They usually run the A, B, C, D groups for the heats, then the reparcharge and final at the last 2 Nationals I've been to. I think Baskerville Tassie has a track density of 33 cars and I know Mallala has 36 car density limit. At Tassie this year the repercharge wasn't run due to the amount of DNF's. If the Nats are in Queensland a fair few NSW and Vics will make the trip and the feilds for O2L and U2L will be huge.

Hey good luck for this weekend, hope you go well and keep away from those pesky spinners. Would have loved to go over to PI this weekend for the Island magic, we have a local guy running over there and he has a good chance for the outright and maybe lap record aswell. Car 55 keep an eye on it on Natsoft, I wont be able to access Natsoft this weekend, headin up the shack to get the boat wet and see if I can hurt myself wakeboarding.
    Morgan Park could do it, I think but I am not 100% sure, that they have a dispensation to run up to 32 cars on the grid. The guy in 32nd spot will almost be in Stanthorpe (a nearby town) and it would require a repeater for the starter because you would be so far away. The first 17 would get an advantage because they would start on the straight, the next 10 would start around the corner, and the last 5 would start around a second corner
    That said, MP is a great leveller, there are no long straight for the bigger hp cars to blast off into the distance and then just cruise around, so there are some benefits. Ray Hislops' Falcon would certainly be a handful!
    This weekend could see ballast pick up third in the u1600, but we'll have to see. The field is a bit skinny, I think 6 rounds has stretched budgets a bit far this year.
    I am going up on Sunday, and will post the photos as soon as I can, enjoy your weekend, at least you guys have got some water in your rivers and lakes, it's bone dry here!
    Good luck with the new project, it is the best fun ever

The scream of Vtec

PI Island Magic

Tony Wallis first time at Phillip Island and he creams them in the first race and also in the feature race. Top effort Tony who says turbo cars hit the wall at PI.

Race 1

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2006.PHIL.R11

Mathew Flinders plate trophy race

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2006.PHIL.R19

UCP's own Ballast( Big Rev Kev) is having a good weekend also, great finish in the first race(championship race 1).

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...1/2006.MORG.R2

Great finish in the second race(scratch race) , why is o'shannesey so bloody quick

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2006.MORG.R13

Great finish also in the championship race 2

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2006.MORG.R25

DNF 2nd scratch race, what happened ?. Nothing major I hope.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re.../2006.MORG.R35

Qld State Chships RD6 25/26Nov06

The 6th and final round of the state championships hosted by MG Car Club of QLD at Morgan Park on the weekend. ballast went into the round with a chance of taking 3rd in the u1600cc division, needing some luck and team orders to take the place. The results are in chargeds' post as above, sadly the fourth race ended in an DNF Haven't spoken to ballast to find out what happened, other than driver and car are ok The weekend was fine and hot (around 33-36 degrees Celcius ) making for a greasy track and engines down on power...cockpit temps would have been pretty high too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

The scream of Vtec

Tony Isarasena's Mazda RX7 Saturday afternoon, 24 hours later it was scrap metal. He got a slow start from the front row (2nd position), got turned around by either the 3rd or 4th guy, slid across the grass and pit road exit and ended up backwards and upside down buried in a tyre wall. Driver walked away, car rooted
    Attached Images Attached Images

The scream of Vtec

Thread Information