View Poll Results: What's your religion?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christian

30 54.55%
  • Jewish

2 3.64%
  • Islamic

7 12.73%
  • Other (please specify)

16 29.09%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: What's your religion?

heres a couple you might find very offencive from the "4kidz" section:
    "Hey, Habu...
    How many gods do you have?"

*the elephant "habu" replies* "i dont know... i lost count!"

"Wouldn't you rather have just one God who loves you a bunch than a bunch of gods that don't love you at all?

Jesus loves everybody, even the unsaved like Habu! Remember to pray for Habu and others like him that they may find Jesus and accept Him into their hearts"

heres one on athiests:
    Spiritual Safety Tip
    What should you do if you find an Atheist?

*Mr. Gruff the grumpy athiest goat says* "I dont belive in anything! Im staying home on sunday!"

"atheirsts such as crotchety old Mr. Gruff think they have it all figured out...
    ...but then why are they always so sad?"

*spiritual safety tip for kids*
    "If you find an Atheist in your neighborhood,
    TELL A PARENT OR PASTOR RIGHT AWAY!

You may be moved to try and witness to
    these poor lost souls yourself, however
    AVOID TALKING TO THEM!

Atheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.

Very advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them."

you can get a good laugh from the "profesor giraffinstein" one also

also in the "objective mall" you can learn how to profile people as the easiest to be brainwashed!
    Last edited by megotmea7; 05-09-2004 at 05:24 AM.
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Plz....

When I started this thread and this poll my intention wasn't create discussions between the members of the forum..
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

i agree, i think i'm done with this thread. If anyone would like to continue discussing things with me, just email me

Lets get back to cars
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    Well that is why he calls us Christians to minister to the World, so those tribes people will go to heaven. Here is an interesting fact you might like.

A missionary woman i met was trying to reach a tribe in the africa that had not been in contact with the rest of the world for as long as anyone had records; a very long time. When she and the others went into the village they began work immediately. after many years she was able to communicate with them. What she found out was that the tribes people started talking about the beginning of the world. Curious she kept asking them questions about it. They revealed to her that they knew all about the , adam and eve, the fall of man, the tower of babble, the flood, etc. The tribe only had one God, it was the Lord. They didn't need missionaries is my point, they already beleived and had faith in him.

Maybe not all tribes have continued to beleive in God, but God does not completely give up on them. Here are ways God reveals himself to evryone.
    1.Nature
    2.Conscience
    3.Vision's
    4. Incarnate Word(Christ)
    5. The written word (Bible)
    6. Spoken word (God's Creation)
    7. alot of others
    Missionaries also brought with them som e really excellent diseases that all but wiped out some civilisations. This is where religion becomes most dangerous. While everyone is entitled to follow whatever belief they like, it is when those beliefs are forced on others that religion is bad. Despite the trite explanations and decrees issued by pius church leader, the idiotic analogies ie "how does the the world turn?" (sorry Werty), indignant protestations of blashphemy to those who dare question, there is no defintite proof that god exists. Other than the scriptures , there is nothing. Claimed miracles and manifestations of acts of god are just as likely coincedence. So missionaries have no right to force people to believe. They are not saving these people soles my and many others opinion and ours count as much as the opinions of the religious leaders. Likewise quoting passages of the bible to people who dont believe in it is somewhat futile.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Islam ( same God, just different prophets ( Shi-ite and Sunni differences are over the lineage of Prophets ) ) ?
    !!
    i dont understand what u meant by that last part about the differences. can u explain it for me please ?
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    i dont understand what u meant by that last part about the differences. can u explain it for me please ?
    Can I have a shot? This comes from a docco I saw about Mohammad and the reason I got was that when Mohammed died he said that his followers should not dietise (?) someone else in his place. One side followed his wished but the other group had a new leader. Is that close?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenix
    When I started this thread and this poll my intention wasn't create discussions between the members of the forum..
    To raze a topic such as religion, politics or finance is guarantied to invite debate, in saying that I think the topic was handled in a mature and respectful way and if this is an indication of the youth of the world I hold hi hopes for a brighter future.
    My congratulations on not letting this debate turn into an insulting match such as so many political and religious debates do.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Can I have a shot? This comes from a docco I saw about Mohammad and the reason I got was that when Mohammed died he said that his followers should not dietise (?) someone else in his place. One side followed his wished but the other group had a new leader. Is that close?
    was that the documentary shown on The National Geographic Channel ??

Anyways, i couldnt find any definition for something close to "dietise" !!
    but generally speaking, what u mentioned seems to be correct. the main difference between the Sunni and Shia'a Muslims is in the successors of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
    After the Prophet's death, his close friend and first male to embrace Islam, Abu Bakr Al-Siddiq became the sort of leader for the considerably small muslim empire. He was followed by Omar Ibn Al-Khattab, Usman Ibn Affan then Ali Ibn Aby Talib (the prophet's relative).
    Without getting into much details, the Shia'as beleive that Ali was the rightful succesor of the Prophet after his death and not Abu Bakr. They generally have higher affection for the Prophet's family than the Sunni muslims.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Misho
    Anyways, i couldnt find any definition for something close to "dietise" !!
    There was a typo and a new word being created at the same time
    deity is English word for god's of any kind.
    So to make someone a god could be to "deitise" them.
    he's put the ? after it so he recognised it probably wasn't a word .
    It isn't
    What was looked for was "deify" which is to make or worship someone as a god.
    Can you tell my daughter's doing English exams and I've been helping out
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm a Baptist, putting me somewhere inbetween Agnoticism and Christianity.
    Stickers add horsepower. I promise.

Thread Information