Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The epitome of American ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    it kind of is ... you steer on the straights to keep it goign in a straight line so you dont' ahv eto put too much in on the corners.
    Any practice can be made an art however. In this case, the best drivers are seperated by only tiny fragments of a second because as it seem simpler to just turn around 4 corners, the skill becomes how EXACTLY precise you take those four corners. Saying NASCAR drivers are unskilled doesn't make any sense. One thing F1 does provide is a variety of different corners which means drivers generally need a broader skill base as there is much different wasy of attacking a F1 corner than a NASCAR one.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 05-01-2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: oops

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I kinda wish it would turn into V8 Supercars.
    Nevers. V8 Supercars is ours.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Actually, I wish it would too. I'd actually be interested in NASCAR if "Stock" car once again meant they raced something you could actually go down to the local dealer and buy...as it is, I don't forsee any rear-drive Ford Taurus' with 351CJ-4V's in them...

It just seems to me, though, that this thread is only here because bashing Americans is "cool" these days.
    Last edited by jcp123; 05-01-2007 at 08:48 PM.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    Actually, I wish it would too. I'd actually be interested in NASCAR if "Stock" car once again meant they raced something you could actually go down to the local dealer and buy...as it is, I don't forsee any rear-drive Ford Taurus' with 351CJ-4V's in them...
    If it did happen, the creation of RWD V8 sedans would be imminent.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    V8 Supercars would sooner turn into the concept NASCAR have as too many people are complaining about the rising costs here. The way i see it, they'll either switch to the tubular chassis/silhouette body, or get rid of all the extra crap they do to the cars, such as the 100% custom suspension and driveline.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    V8 Supercars would sooner turn into the concept NASCAR have as too many people are complaining about the rising costs here. The way i see it, they'll either switch to the tubular chassis/silhouette body, or get rid of all the extra crap they do to the cars, such as the 100% custom suspension and driveline.
    Or have V8 Supercars bought by Bernie Ecclestone, so the teams get reimbursed at the end of the year for travel costs and such.

Ignorance, stupidity, and the ever American attitude of winning meaning everything, oh, and lack of sportsmanship...

Why do you always walk in to a thread and post stuff like this?

Yeah, some of it's true but it is still a generalization of the dirrrty south where the people don't like homosexuals, and the KKK is still alive.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    What is your reaction time?
    As soon as i log on
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    how come that they also race in Italy then?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    how come that they also race in Italy then?
    That's V8 Superstars.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    That's V8 Superstars.
    minor difference...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    That's V8 Superstars.
    Wasn't that held in Germany? Or is that another racing series too?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Wasn't that held in Germany? Or is that another racing series too?
    That was a different series with V8 engined silhouette racers. The Superstars championship in Italy was a support race for the Monza 1000 km and used more standard V8-engined saloons. I think the 'Superstar' refers to the drivers that take part like alpine skier Gedina and former Ferrari Works driver Merzario.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Didn't he take first on some road course in Mexico?
    Yes, but that was Busch series (aka, minor league) and his win was quite controversial in that he spun his own teammate.

It goes: Craftsman Truck Series = Minor League racing, but in trucks

Busch Series = Again, Minor League racing that resembles the stock cars

Nextel Cup racing = the real deal.. the one with all the sponsorships, big names, and fans.

They all fall under the umbrella of NASCAR, but Busch and Craftsman Truck series are more of a stepping-stone or low-budget series to that of the Nextel Cup. It's kind of like GP2 to Formula 1, if you catch my drift.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 05-02-2007 at 12:23 AM.

Thread Information