Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Orion Falcon - First Pictures

Well the information i posted earlier said there'd be turbo gas engines. I'd imagine thats with the vapour injection systems, so hopefully it turns out true.

Still, theres going to be people thinking diesel is a clearly better option
    I am the Stig

**** **** ****... I just hit me my brother and i seen a XR6T LPG we followed it for a little i was driving his car is this out allready??
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    **** **** ****... I just hit me my brother and i seen a XR6T LPG we followed it for a little i was driving his car is this out allready??
    Ask your local dealership either they sold it or fitted (more then likly) or prehaps it a test mule car at the holden dealership we got gen 4 powerd Vzs cruising through on reliaiblity tests.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

How did you know it was Turbo and LPG? Such a model doesn't exist!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Ask your local dealership either they sold it or fitted (more then likly) or prehaps it a test mule car at the holden dealership we got gen 4 powerd Vzs cruising through on reliaiblity tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    How did you know it was Turbo and LPG? Such a model doesn't exist!
    The engine note and the tell tale puff of smoke turbo's do it pulled hard and fast. It was a MKII BA. It had all the badges but it was a messy looking thing.

The engine note and the tell tale puff of smoke turbo's do it pulled hard and fast. It was a MKII BA. It had all the badges but it was a messy looking thing.
    turbo lpg as has been stated before is a goer

Thanks for the interesting pic

Hope that swage line on the lower doors doesn't make it to production, although I guess it proably will. Ford made the same mistake with EA and had to wear it (literally) right through to EL series-demise

Thanks for the pic!

This is the best shot yet. The rear glasshouse has been exposed and the extent of the front flares is clearly visible.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I've noticed a few things about this proto that I've circled and numbered in red:

1. The glasshouse remains similar to AU/BA

2. The detailing on the lower doors has been disguised in all the previous shots, but is now clearly visible.

3. The camo has been designed to accommodate a dual exhaust system. Perhaps we will see this with the XR8?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

From the article:

It appears that Ford has started importing some rear-wheel-drive prototypes from Australia into its U.S. engineering operations. The spies at KGP Photography caught this prototype for the next-generation Australian Ford Falcon at one of Ford's Detroit engineering centers, being unloaded from a shipping container.

The packaging looks consistent with a car that has just made a trip across the ocean–in either a boat or a cargo plane.

The appearance of this rear-wheel-drive prototype seems to support rumors that Ford is looking to Australia for much of its rear-wheel-drive future — a move eerily similar to GM's reliance on Holden to take the engineering lead on the Pontiac G8, Chevy Camaro, and the likely GTO and Impala spin-offs that are due to use GM's Zeta architecture.

Ford's plans appear to be a little less locked-in than GM's, but some pundits say that the 2009-2010 Mustang may share some Aussie DNA. And if a rear-wheel-drive replacement for Ford's Crown Victoria is to come about, it will likely rely heavily on the new Falcon.

On Ford's own media website, Australia's growing importance in Ford's global product plans was touted through a hopeful press release, which said: "An all-new Falcon model and future Territory models will form the basis of potential export opportunities for Ford Australia's globally competitive large rear-wheel drive vehicle platform…. The addition of left-hand drive engineering capability to our product development team will provide significant experience and assist us to develop a viable export program for our world class rear-wheel drive architecture."

Something definitely appears to be stirring in Dearborn, and this Falcon prototype showing up in Detroit looks to be our first sign that things have progressed beyond mere talk.
    I am the Stig

It also looks to be sitting on a pretty large size rim, Maybe 18 but looks 19".

It still seems to have more in common with the fusion that front guard looks very fusion like, We were thinking more oasis front. But the fusion look really it seems stops from the A pillar back. Not sure on the rear. Bit i think it's looking quite good so far. A little AU-BA in the glass house as Adrenaline said but it's look good so far.

Well similar glasshouse is inevitable. Think about it, its going to have a new front bulkhead courtesy of the new front suspension, but the rear is carryover from BA (i must stress however its nothing in common anymore to AU). The higher beltline put on the current chassis wouldnt have much structural support, damaging both the stiffness of the chassis and the side impact rating - the very thing that a higher beltine is supposed to improve.

Maybe in 2012 if they raise the rear or something they'll give it the higher beltine, but i personally hope it remains as is
    I am the Stig

It also looks to be sitting on a pretty large size rim, Maybe 18 but looks 19".
    I agree they look like they're 19s, hopefully they are but I doubt it. And is it me or are the rear lamps sporting chrome surrounds?

Anyhow, it's good to see the Falcon at a US engineering facility. If only there were more shots to see if it's LHD or RHD.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

LHD Falcon.

Now we need them to bring it to Europe...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information