Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
They probably view it as a tuner car and as an unfit comparo.
Yes, but they view everything as an unfit comparo. Read an article recently that compared it to an F1 and they were still reluctant to let it be tested. If an F1 isn't suitable company then nothing is. Probably something to do with Top Gear shennanigans.

What I don't get is why RUF gets more respect as a manufacturer than SSC, despite the fact that they're quite obviously tuners.

Are we talking Hilux or F-350?
Well it weighs more than a, all steel base F-150 so that's roughly what I was picturing. Just lower.

I'd be interested to see them, actually.
Me too. If you can find them, go ahead and post them.

But by that logic when the Rolls is passed by the suitably equipped Maybach the Girl gets out.

Those sorts of girls you don't want to impress anyway - they only want your money
Well, the Rolls isn't sold as being fast, just expensive and luxurious.

When you look like me, you can't be too picky. Ever seen Office Space?
"What would you do with a million dollars?"
"Two chicks at once."
"Not all women are attracted to money, you know."
"The kind of women that would double up on me are."

Quite. But thats the Piech way, It must be the "best" at all costs.

And must be the most complicated way of doing it.
A fine french way of doing it. If a cheap little camera will do, design an incredibly expensive moving nose for your plane instead. If a wooden stick is the best you can get, design a carbo-titanium stick that costs $30,000 and does the same job. Some call it good engineering, my engineering teachers always called it stoopid.

I concur - there are others that do some of the compromises better.

But none crack 252mp/h.
Which is in itself a compromise. I'm still kind of meh on the whole concept of a top speed that can only be reached on one specially made track in the entire world. If you could reach 252 at say, Sebring, then I'd be much more into it.

I don't think it's undoubted. The GT-R makes a strong case as a better all rounder.

I just think the Veyron is by far the car of the decade. Never let the facts get in the way of a quick supercar
Hehe. And that's what it comes down to.