Page 234 of 536 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

So, I spent £21.50 on my 1st Driving lesson on Wednesday, it was an assessment lesson to see how good I was. Just booked another 10hrs with CIA Driver Training at £19.95 per hour, starting with 1.5hrs tomorrow afternoon in a met blue '05 Ford Fiesta 5dr 1.4TDCi StyleClimate. Quite a nice car, but there's nowhere to put your left foot after taking it off the clutch and I can't see the tops of the dials unless I lean forwards a bit. lol

V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Just booked another 10hrs with CIA Driver Training at £19.95 per hour.
    Watch out turrrists, Waughterfall's on your case!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Watch out turrrists, Waughterfall's on your case!
    Lol...I did actually ask him on MSN whether the tuition vehicle was a black Chevy Suburban.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

hey Waugh I'm learning in a fiesta too. Its a 1.2L. Nice cars to learn in. Everythings pretty simple inside although I would say that the rear windows are a little hard to look out of. The clutch and gearbox are nice though as well as the driving position. Whenever I go back to my dads golf GT-sport the clutch is tight and the seat is low I definitely prefer the fiesta for learning in How did your first few lessons go? In my lessons I get marked from 1-5 on each area each week, 1 being a dumb idiot and 5 being test-ready. I've got 4's all over the board right now so I'll probably have my test this summer!

the 1.4TDCi pulls well but felt a little gutless whilst moving, requiring me to downshift regularly. The clutch is very nice as is the gearbox although sometimes it doesn't quite go into gear. I find it pretty comfy too, my only problems are that is the only place to put your left foot is flat on the floor when it's not on the clutch which means I catch it on the pedal when i bring it back up to use the pedal, the head-restraint doesn't come up high enough and i have to lean forwards slightly to see the upper parts of the speedo/rev-counter. I have to agree with you that on the 5-dr the rear windows are difficult to see out of and I keep finding that when i go to pull out of junctions all I can see is roof-lining and A-pillar!

Only had 1hr so far, it went really, really well. The instructor was very impressed, said my gearchanges and clutch control were superb, im definately not lacking any confidence and he couldn't believe that I'd never driven on the road before. He did say though that when I turn in to a junction I tend to be coasting, as in I come up to the turn, change into 1st or 2nd, make the turn then lift up the clutch rather than lifting it up before making the turn. Next lesson is tomorrow, 3.30-5pm, can't wait!
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 05-08-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    the 1.4TDCi pulls well but felt a little gutless whilst moving, requiring me to downshift regularly. The clutch is very nice as is the gearbox although sometimes it doesn't quite go into gear. I find it pretty comfy too, my only problems are that is the only place to put your left foot is flat on the floor when it's not on the clutch which means I catch it on the pedal when i bring it back up to use the pedal, the head-restraint doesn't come up high enough and i have to lean forwards slightly to see the upper parts of the speedo/rev-counter. I have to agree with you that on the 5-dr the rear windows are difficult to see out of and I keep finding that when i go to pull out of junctions all I can see is roof-lining and A-pillar!

Only had 1hr so far, it went really, really well. The instructor was very impressed, said my gearchanges and clutch control were superb, im definately not lacking any confidence and he couldn't believe that I'd never driven on the road before. He did say though that when I turn in to a junction I tend to be coasting, as in I come up to the turn, change into 1st or 2nd, make the turn then lift up the clutch rather than lifting it up before making the turn. Next lesson is tomorrow, 3.30-5pm, can't wait!
    Good luck. I told my instructor that i was very confident and was building a car so the first lesson i had she directed me through a local town at rush hour! Needless to say i performed faultlessly. On a side note i tend to rest my clutch foot under the clutch pedal even if there is a space to rest it to the side...

And to keep this thread on track...

Not really a purchase since it was free but i downloaded it an installed it onto my Pocket PC today. I have been using the previous versions but never really stuck with them, they all got a bit boring. However this version is really well put together, i would recommend it to everyone who owns a Pocket PC. The only things i would change now is the way you navigate through a vertical menu and the inclusion of a dial pad.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Cheers Suka, my Mazda has a foot-rest next to the clutch, I've not driven it properly yet but I assume I'll use it as havingit on the floor doesn't feel confortable and holding up up aches after a while...

Another sort of purchase in the Waugh household, I'M INSURED! £915 per year fully-comp with legal protection, windscreen cover, roadside asistance and courtesy car with Zurich. Adding me to the policy increased it from £200, ouch!
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 05-08-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Motion & Emotion

Are you main driver on that or parents?

Mum's policy, Dad & I as named drivers I think it's gone down to £890 now, not exactly sure. But it's still not cheap!

Motion & Emotion

That's quite good. Just got to watch that your mum drives it the most - if you do it's technically fraud, but I have only ever heard of one case where the insurance company has found it out.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfraser View Post
    That's quite good. Just got to watch that your mum drives it the most - if you do it's technically fraud, but I have only ever heard of one case where the insurance company has found it out.
    Thats what its like in my family. The insurance for the Saxo is under my Dad's name and my Mum and I are named drivers. I drive the Saxo the most but I am only home for a few weeks at a time since being at Uni. Its great, i am earning al this driving experience and have less chance of crashing the car since i am at Uni. By the end of it i will be able to say i have 5 years experience but am away from the car for 7-8 months of the year.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    What camera do you have spas?
    Canon 300d...

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    Thats what its like in my family. The insurance for the Saxo is under my Dad's name and my Mum and I are named drivers. I drive the Saxo the most but I am only home for a few weeks at a time since being at Uni. Its great, i am earning al this driving experience and have less chance of crashing the car since i am at Uni. By the end of it i will be able to say i have 5 years experience but am away from the car for 7-8 months of the year.
    I guess your covered since at least the car is still at home, difficult to argue your dad drives most if its parked at uni all the time!

..but no no claims bonus? Thats why my dad refused me to share insurance on my fiesta 6 years ago when I was 18. At that point I was paying £800 for 3rd party. Im pretty sure my 3 yrs NCB is the reason my current insurance is so good for a group 15 car.
    autozine.org

Most decent insurers are now recognising "named driver" on NCBs.
    Directline are even willing to recognise my daughters' kit car insurance no-claim
    Result !!... we can keep insuring it ultra cheap on kit car policy
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm with Zurich, unfortunately I don't think I get an NCB
    I drove to work today, and back again in the dark. Took a mate for the ride too. Had another lesson again today, was told to turn left, I turned right, oops!

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information