Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

Fallout 3

Far Cry 2 made me want to make this thread.

Anyone play it?

I'm playing it on the PS3.

I'm guessing most people have it on the 360, since it seems to be more popular.

What's good- 1. Gigantic, beautiful (in some places), if not scary post apocalyptic world
    2. Interesting karma system that could bite you in the ass in the future (I'm not far enough in the game to notice it though)
    3. Lots of cool weapons
    4. Repair/customization of weapons, skills, etc.
    5. VATS system could be a little too easy- aims for you, but definitely is cool

What's bad- 1. Not that great looking on the PS3- I'm guessing it's better on the 360, especially when I compare it to Far Cry 2
    2. World so vast you don't know where to turn to next to advance the story
    3. Ugly looking characters (again, probably because it's the PS3)
    4. Buggy! I remember I shot someone with a sniper rifle, and the guy fell up into the sky 20 stories! And it crashed on me once, probably because too much was happening at one time. But you'd expect the game to be, you know, finished.

However, I haven't played Elder Scrolls Oblivion, so this kind of game is pretty new to me.

Discuss.

Edit- added more stuff.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 01-19-2009 at 09:07 PM.

story? i forgot about the story. sidequests and exploration so much, i was level 20 by the time i had to *spolier* enter the project purity control to search for clues
    first time through took me 67 hours and i still didn't find everything haha.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

btw, do the shoot them in the head quest, get the keys, and not give them to the ghoul...the best power armor in the game comes from that quest....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    story? i forgot about the story. sidequests and exploration so much, i was level 20 by the time i had to *spolier* enter the project purity control to search for clues
    first time through took me 67 hours and i still didn't find everything haha.
    Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    btw, do the shoot them in the head quest, get the keys, and not give them to the ghoul...the best power armor in the game comes from that quest....
    I'm far from there, but I'll keep it in mind,

I did read ahead a little.

As I said, it's a bit overwhelming just to step in without any sort of strategy guide reading.

By the way, what do you guys think is the best game that came out in 2008? This surely isn't a bad game, but in my opinion it certainly isn't the best.

you haven't played it enough....IMO it was the best, and I bought a shit load of games in 08...all PC though...

I love when you get the GNR back up running, just roaming the land and listening to radio while blasting mutants the head away with .44.....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Haven't tried it yet, but planning to get it very soon. I've only heard good things about it so far.

I'll have to go the PC route as well, which means I'll probably have to upgrade the old war-horse first.

Glad the FarCry 2 thread prompted you to create this one

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Haven't tried it yet, but planning to get it very soon. I've only heard good things about it so far.

I'll have to go the PC route as well, which means I'll probably have to upgrade the old war-horse first.

Glad the FarCry 2 thread prompted you to create this one
    No problem.

You're playing all of them on the PC, or on the 360?

Edit- nevermind, PC.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 01-20-2009 at 11:48 AM.

you haven't played it enough....IMO it was the best, and I bought a shit load of games in 08...all PC though...

I love when you get the GNR back up running, just roaming the land and listening to radio while blasting mutants the head away with .44.....
    You're right, I'm still in the beginning. I'm not ready to put it down yet, but college is starting soon for me, so it'll be a while before I start up again.

I hate it when I'm midway through a game and I forget most of the story. That's what happened to me with Metal Gear Solid 3. I had to replay the whole game over.

yeah, i'm glad i started playing this after my exams finished. i would have been screwed lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

it is awesome. Im still delaying going to vault 87 though the lamplight caves.

Death claws dont match my bottlecap mines
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

By the way, I still haven't gotten the hang of picking locks. I'm going through bobby pins at a furiously quick pace. I'm at the point where I need to find GNR. I'm by the Friendship Heights Station, but I haven't found my way around the rubble yet.

just keep going around the subway tunnels. On my first playthrough I think I took a long round about route, on my 2nd play through I found it a lot quicker....IMO it's better at that point to have a rock-it launcher as you can just use garbage instead of ammo against the feral ghouls...or you could do the tenpenny tower thing with the ghouls and get the ghoul mask and the ferals stop bothering you....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

just keep going around the subway tunnels. On my first playthrough I think I took a long round about route, on my 2nd play through I found it a lot quicker....IMO it's better at that point to have a rock-it launcher as you can just use garbage instead of ammo against the feral ghouls...or you could do the tenpenny tower thing with the ghouls and get the ghoul mask and the ferals stop bothering you....
    Yes, Tenpenny Towers was amazing. My karma dropped faster than a brick that fell off a building, but I got back to neutral with the Bigtown rescue mission. Plus, raiding all the rich people, then killing the ghouls for experience was worth it. I'm going to check Warrington Station again. Hope they forgot to pack. Also, I think I got another apartment that way. So I have Megaton house and Tenpenny's Penthouse. Win. I will check and confirm. And how do you get the Rock-It by the way?

I got enough caps to buy the schematic off moira...though I am sure there are other ways of getting it....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yes, Tenpenny Towers was amazing. My karma dropped faster than a brick that fell off a building.
    Mine was evil before I even left the vault...
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information