Thread: I finally found a game that is best on wii!

I finally found a game that is best on wii!

As many of you know, i got a wii for valentines day and since then i have pretty played wii sports and mario. I have rented a bunch of games yet i have always found the xbox 360 version to be superior in every way. tiger, cod 3, madden, you name it its usually better on 360.

i guess i prefer the xbox versions because the graphics are soo freakin ugly on wii that i cant get past them and the control on wii doesn't make up for it.

however, finally, i found a game in which the gameplay/control/fun advantage on wii trumps the amazing graphics on and online play on 360.

MLB 2k8!

The wii version is butt ugly, it looks like a ps2 game but i have not been able to put it down. i played the 360 version first and after about a half hour I basically thought, "there is no reason to buy 2k8 because besides the graphics, there's nothing about it that is better than 2k7". so i went and rented the wii version and I was instantly sucked in.

like i said, the graphics are piss poor. its not even really like a good looking ps2 game, its more like a crappy ps2 game which is weird to me cause i know the wii has more balls than ps2. nevertheless, the controls on wii make it well worth the graphical hit. after playing it on wii i found myself thinking, "this is what the wii is supposed to be all about" and i will definately be buying the game on wii.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I've only played 'Sports' on the Wii occasionally with the kids but overall with all of the games they've had, Meet the Robinsons actually looked pretty good for graphics and game concept. They just received Mario Smash Bros Brawl for Easter and the graphics/controls look pretty good on there.

Since you've tried MLB 2K8, have you compared it to 'The BIGS'?
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

i havent played "the bigs" on wii but i have played it on 360.

i personally prefer the more realistic baseball on 2k7 and 2k8 rather than the arcade style on the bigs because i like to play small ball and that is difficult in a home run oriented game like the bigs. also i like the fielding and swinging and pitching controls on 2k7 and 2k8 over the bigs.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

What's "The Bigs"?

I own a Wii. I found that Paper Mario was pretty good.

Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy was awesome though.

Metroid should be good too. Unfortunately, I never get to it.

"the bigs" is an arcade style baseball game.

i agree zelda, mario, paper mario, metroid ect... are great games but i was talking about games that are out on ps3, xbox 360, and wii. usually when a game comes out on all three, the wii version is the worst but this is the first game ive played that is better on wii.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    "the bigs" is an arcade style baseball game.

i agree zelda, mario, paper mario, metroid ect... are great games but i was talking about games that are out on ps3, xbox 360, and wii. usually when a game comes out on all three, the wii version is the worst but this is the first game ive played that is better on wii.
    Oh, I see.

But the Wii is also least powerful of them all, so that's expected.

Plus, they're probably just ports, which means that the game wasn't tailor made around the Wii system.

Thread Information