Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acura NSX Concept 2012

IS250 is a 3600 lb car with not enough power....RWD does not automatically equals to fun. Legacy is a boat, they've been getting bigger, and they are not exactly STI material in US....they also do the whole economy thing really poorly. Plain jane Impreza are floaty soft things that barely get passable fuel economy until they start using(gasp) CVT...MPG is sorta important for family cars and econoboxes...Have you driven a 4 cylinder Accord? or a Accord Coupe? Or the ugly TL? None of those car are bad to drive at all...

You cannot automatically judge something because it looks bad. The fact that most of Honda product, despite being in pretty much the beige bracket, and are still quite good to drive, with still excellent powertrain, without overtly marketing as something sporty like Mazda is trying so hard to do. Because of products like that, I think Honda has plenty of want and knowhow to not screw up something like the NSX....

They got a new vid out, and the car will run pace laps today before the Indycar race...
    [ame="http://youtu.be/wOKBYCpGMo8"]The New Acura NSX Prototype - YouTube[/ame]

FYI this thing has been running in TRC(Honda's proving ground in Ohio) since early 2012...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 08-04-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

No, I haven't driven any recent Honda products, although I did drive the 3rd gen CR-V. I liked it, drove well but I still don't like sitting so high up. Engine power was surprisingly good.

The previous gen Legacy was the best, especially since there was an available wagon.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just depressed because we don't get anything awesome and JDM (like the Stream).

Thanks for posting up that video of that new NSX.

NSX Prototype #1
    Attached Images Attached Images

NSX Prototype #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

I found a video of it running on the 'Ring.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZQzLOwmY60"]2016 Honda NSX - Exhaust SOUNDS on the Nurburgring - YouTube[/ame]

Doesn't sound too shabby. I just wish they didn't unveil it 4 years ago and expect people to still be interested in it now.

I fell asleep, once again. The thrill is gone from this product. If Acura had dropped this thing out of the ether like Ford did with the GT, then maybe people would be more forgiving of its deviation in intent from the original NSX.

As it stands, this will be a day late and a dollar short. There are a lot of very exciting cars out there. This new NSX? Eh.

So... this is supposed to cost $156,000. I don't think these cars will be flying off the lots anytime soon. There's a lot of car (cars even) to be had for $156,000. I think I could buy a Nissan GT-R (used for sure, maybe new) and a Subaru Impreza STI for that money and still have change left over. Heck, you could get a 911 GT3 for that sort of money, or for $156k, you're partly there to get a 911 Turbo. Or you could get an older Audi R8 for sure.

Even if I could afford a new NSX, and I'm about as big a Honda fan as they come, I don't think I'd be getting one. I'd spare myself the disappointment and get an old one.

And if we're using a GT-R as a yardstick, this is certainly not worth almost twice a GT-R. The Lexus LF-A was about this expensive, if not more, but at least that looked special and sounded special. This, not so much. This is what happens when it takes 8 years to develop this car. Going off the Wikipedia page, the first concept for this style NSX was unveiled in 2007. I finished high school in 2008, started college and am now in grad school. Holy crap that's a long time.
    Last edited by NSXType-R; 12-18-2015 at 07:38 PM.

IIRC the Lexus LFA costed $375,000, which is quite a lot more than this Honda.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

For a 156k, there are a lot of other cars I'd take before this one.
    Turning money into memories.

Thread Information