Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bentley Dominator

Bentley Dominator

Bentley Dominator
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ribatejo also posted several Bentleys that showed Bentley having it sooo wrong..
    This car also comes under that category....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

These where Brunei specials, and at the time it allowed Bentley to survive without bankruptcy. Whist they where not loved by Bentley themselves, they have allowed the company to survive and build the Arnage and Brooklands
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    These where Brunei specials, and at the time it allowed Bentley to survive without bankruptcy. Whist they where not loved by Bentley themselves, they have allowed the company to survive and build the Arnage and Brooklands
    Reason enough to love them...

more one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I don't take any photo, just collect in all the web and share"

Yes, I made the thread in addition to ribatejo69's
    Don't think that it shows that Bentley goes wrong, cause you will hardly find more than 5-6 Dominators - as Cyco said, these are made for Brunei via a special order. Just like Brunei Ferraris.

More proof that enough money can buy you anything. At least it allowed Bentley to keep their head above the water.

Sultan of Brunei is too rich..............................
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

There is no such thing as too rich

I think that in modern times each company has to adapt to the market first, and traditional values come second (unfortunately).

Mike Rad
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 07-17-2007 at 02:22 AM.
    Get some of the web's finest videos and wallpapers on --- www.cartitans.com ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco
    There is no such thing as too rich
    Too rich is where your taste runs out well in advance of your wallet.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

I've seen people with $2 to their name that have run out of taste before they reached the limits of their wallet...

Are they too rich?

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut View Post
    Sultan of Brunei is too rich..............................
    Swings and roundabouts - if someone is spending a fortune on something, someone is being paid a fortune for something.

If that someone is Bentley, or Boeing, and it keeps those companies in business (more so for Bentley than Boeing, obviously) and means their staff get paid, then is it so much of a bad thing?
    Thanks for all the fish

I'm gonna make a note by letting you know it is not the Sultan who ends up buying all these cars. Yes, he has a small collection, but the collection we see pictures of come from his brother, Jefri.

Jefri, however, does not live in Brunei so most of the giant collection that belonged to him is gone, has been auction houses for the pass 4 years.
    Last edited by F1_Master; 07-17-2007 at 09:00 PM.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    I'm gonna make a note by letting you know it is not the Sultan who ends up buying all these cars. Yes, he has a small collection, but the collection we see pictures of come from his brother, Jefri.

Jefri, however, does not live in Brunei so most of the giant collection that belonged to him is gone, has been auction houses for the pass 4 years.
    The collection belongs to the sultan. Of course, cars have been bought and used by various members of the royal family, but the collection is considered a part of sultan's personal wealth. Of all those cars, the sultan has been especially interested in F1 bolides (especially those driven by World Drivers Champions in the last race of season), Rolls-Royces (there's almost 600 of them in the collection) and specials built for him by AM, Bentley, Ferrari et al. Prince Jefri was buying the more "ordinary" cars, like stock Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, Mercedeses etc.

Prince Jefri was accused of frauding over 8 billion $ in 2001, and a great part of his belongings crossed the auction blocks that year. However, I don't remember any cars from the collection being sold on the occasion. What's the basis for your statement that "most of the giant collection that belonged to him is gone, has been auction houses for the pass 4 years" Which auction houses hosted the sales? Such an event would have been heard of all around the automotive world. How come I've never heard about it?
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Thread Information