Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford BA GT

thanks for that but u need to learn to put in a couple of commas or full stops, i almost died of asphyxiation from reading u comment. it was 4 years ago ford realised they needed a product like the terrotory. i also missed the part where holden currently use an engine first released in 1976 and rear suspension first seen in 1978. in 10 years, fords gunna be laughing cause theyll have developed their dohc v8's heaps further than today and gm will be trying to find ways of keeping their pushrods economical. the only reason the the dohc falcon v8s can only keep on par with the power outputs of the gen3's is cause the falcon is the only mass produced ford car using the dohc 5.4L v8 for high power output use so there hasnt been much development going into it. maybe the ford gt using the supercharged version will bring some extra development to the engine

well "apparently" ford aus is trying to make another stab at worlds fastest 4 door sedan and the car that currently has that is a twin tuboed bently it will be intersting to see how well they do against it. And im assuiming that GM will find the same problem that ford did in the 40s when ford didnt want to let go of the flathead and GM used a push rod motor and ran rings around it but time will tell on both counts

ford oz should use the new 5.0L coming out for the next mustang. have it rev to about 7000rpm, that should be easy if they can get the 5.4 doing 6000rpm

i think its possible but theyll have to breathe some life into that 5.4 to make it go to 6k revs not a revvy motor so im told

u must be thinking of the 3 valve 5.4 cause the XR8 and GT go to 6000rpm and the 2001 cobra R can go to 6250rpm. every tester whos taken the boss to 6000 has said they didnt realise it was redlining because of the smoothness of the engine

ok then in this case im glad to be wrong. but im thinking take a 390 hp cobra R motor (2003) takke it out to 5.4 whip a little more boost out it and a few more goodies like that and well have somthing worthy of being out HO motor

sounds like about 400kw t the fly. ford oz should develop a centrifugally supercharged 5.4 with C.A.P.A. for the GTHO. C.A.P.A. have an 8psi kit for the xr8 with cat back exhaust that makes about 390kw at the fly and theyre working on an 11 psi kit. the 8 psi kit blew their expectations so much they developed a 5 psi kit that makes 340kw

yeah heard about that cant wait till they make the 11 psi kit and couple it with a foew other mods exaust,computer and so on.
    And did you hear about the Roman auto-tek gullwing ute? they are planning on 600kw from the 5.4 engine twin turboed and they are working on a 450 kw twin turboed 6!

yeha i heard bout it, its gunna have a 450kw twin turbo 4.oL and probably a supercharged, 900kw 5.4L

900 thats a mythical number unless your eddy tassone but im thinking the new BA Xr6T will be the new VL with 300 kw achieved by putting a new computer piggy back system and whipping an extra lbs of boost out of it with no other mods rb engines eat your heart out

900kw=1200hp, u can check it up on this site, thats what the xr8 versions gunna make

Your so called facts come from where? The problem with the Gen II I'll give you but not your figures. If their exports kept breaking down they wouldnt keep selling them. Saudis have no loyalty issues like Holden buyers and can choose what they want. Again where's your facts. That the so called "canned suspension" is still able to hold its own with the BA new version means it far from obsolete. One reason Opel may not use it is because they make front wheel drive cars. I have never heard of the water leak problems. (I own one and its been pissing down here for the last three weeks or more.) Again with the most likely car to break down comment where are your facts. My mate owns a service centre and does work for a Holden and Ford franchise and he has more problems with Fords than Holdens. Keep in mind there are more Holdens running around. I'll conceed the softroader point, the're built because they are the fashion at the moment. I dont personally care what car someone buys but I am interested to know why someone would. I still think they will be a passing fad.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Sorry the my last post refers to Falcon500 comments bottom of previous page.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well its notlike the suadis really have a huge choice in cars do they and they relly did continously keep breaking down they cant with stand all the driving the saudis put onto them the engiens over heated somthing fierce and they continuoilsy break down why they keep selling them i dont know maybey they do have brand loyaly like they do here otherwise they wouldent sell any Gen III powerd cars and that was a write up in wheels magazine.
    Hold its own now thats a laugh a holden hasnt been able to out handle a falcon since 94 and no they dumped the suspension due to new technologys being made and also not all of cars are fwd the speedster inst and it uses much better suspension then the shit that holdens sticking too and the water leak problem is highlighted in street machine when they pulled aprt the holdens suspension to put those 24 inch reat tyers in and and it came gushing out. My facts the fact that open road placed it as the most likly austrlain sedan to break down 2 years running. And working on a car you dont like would seem much worse eh? id be assuiming that your friend is a holden fan

yeah i dunno where u got that bit about the suspension from crisis, i mean the old double wishbone irs ford had was better than the semi trailing arm setup used by holden and ford still got rid of it

Thread Information