Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: v8 supercars

Thats what I mean. It happens all the time so it balances out. It does make Bathurst a lot more intersting from a spectator point of view though. It keeps the racing close right up until the end. Youd be spewing if you were leading the race by a good margin though.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

SBR 1-2 at QLD! Quite a bit of a turn around from last year when HRT were dominating everything. Its good to see, just i think that the points system is shocking, as Ambrose has clearly dominated and is only second.

ambrose had a rough start to the year though, scoring less than 100 points in rnd 2 and only geting about 120 points in rnd 1 even after winning race 1 at clipsal 500. if hed gotten better there he would probably be first on the ladder, although rnd 2's gunna help when it comes time to drop a round

What do people think of the new scoring system?

Ah dont you worry about HRT were just giving Ford a go, just wait till we really start trying or when sakife gets hios new car after Sandown

i think they need to meet half way with the new and old scoring system. i think the old scoring system had something like 400 points for a win at bathurst and 200 for second, whereas the new one has 192 points for first and 186 for second every round

Thats a stupid system they could at least halve what they have at bathurst or something

yeah it is kinda stupid. but for the sprint races they change it, like if theres 3 sprint races for a round, each sprint race winner gets 64 points, and evry position lower loses 2 points

Originally posted by LowRider
    What do people think of the new scoring system?
    The new scoring system is shocking. There is not enough incentive for a win as it hardly rewards the fastest driver/car combo.

the thing that i find really really funny is that ambrose has won most of the races but he is only second. How stupid would you feel if you won th e championship but did not win a race?!

its happened b4 i think but i cant quote who with. stonebrothers are confident that rnd 7 wont be the only 1-2 fiish for them this year, do u think that means theyre preparing for an all out bathurst and/or sandown assault

define all out attack for me
    what more can they do?

stone brothers havent been able to do much testing yet this year cause theyve been racing right around the country, so they could get some solid practise in and try get each car on par with the other

HRT havnt been able to do any testing either and skaifes getting his new car after sandown so do be to confident

did u mean dont be too confident? HRT i reckon isnt gunna finish too well this year, with their ownership battle and the practise ban until the transfer of ownership to skaife's been completed. i think theyre gunna try set themselves up for a solid start next year, but the aurora engine will get them competitive again, but with the new car, skaife might take a while to get the hang of it, hes having trouble with his current hybrid car

Thread Information