Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina

Quote Originally Posted by <AAA-MOD>
    There's a very long in-depth discussion thread (32 pages to date) with the owner on Ferrari Chat in case anyone's interested: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92754

probably save a lot of questions that might arise here
    i believe they'll be asked anyway as most people won't bother to read it all
    12 cylinders or walk!

well, i've read it all, and in a nutshell it's like this:

-the owner bought a new 2003 Enzo in 2005 and immediately had it delivered to Pininfarina without driving it once.
    -based on the Enzo chassis, but no Enzo body remaining (body panels actually for sale)
    -interior completely changed as well, with roll cage, computer, GPS, MP3, etc etc
    -original untouched Enzo engine, until testing proves reason to change, but unlikely at this point
    -original paddle shift tranny
    -modified exhaust, to suit new body style
    -same underbody clearance, but shorter front overhang
    -custom one-off wheels and run-flat high speed tires
    -to be unveiled at Pebble Beach 2006, and will be in the Pebble Beach Tour down the PCH

I've seen the official pics, and none of the pics/sketches/'shops have been close
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

I've seen the official pics, and none of the pics/sketches/'shops have been close
    , care to share?

Do I smell a buggati dominator.since the enzo can already woop it on track!

Do i smell a newb ^^

If the enzo looks better than it did then im glad for ferrari. I'm hoping they are changing the body and such. As has been posted already. Hopefully ferrari decides to push a little more horse out of thier V12. That would be pleasing. I can't wait to see some pics of it, i just home it looks better than the current one. Oooo specs also. If anyone sees any flying around that are accurate and not b/s, i would love to see.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

I don't know if I can stand the suspense. But I'll hang on, damnit, I'll haaaang on.

Does it look like this sketch?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

You have?

Ohh, Im so jealous right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Rijoh
    Does it look like this sketch?
    that's the closest sketch so far, but still missing a few distinct items.
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Quote Originally Posted by SupraMan22
    Do i smell a newb ^^

If the enzo looks better than it did then im glad for ferrari. I'm hoping they are changing the body and such. As has been posted already. Hopefully ferrari decides to push a little more horse out of thier V12. That would be pleasing. I can't wait to see some pics of it, i just home it looks better than the current one. Oooo specs also. If anyone sees any flying around that are accurate and not b/s, i would love to see.

don't forget that this is not an Enzo replacement, and has nothing to do with Ferrari design. This is a one-off custom coachwork commission by the owner. That's all it is intended to be, so there's no need to debate on a new Enzo design.

im not debating anything and im not saying its replacing the enzo. Since the thread is called "New Enzo" i kinda figured it would be more of a remodel. I simply stated the enzo isn't the best looking car. Like all it isn't perfect, but its a different subject. I'm glad the owner did a custom and im sure it looks excellent. Where or whenever pictures are out and about, i can't wait to see them.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

well, i've read it all, and in a nutshell it's like this:

-the owner bought a new 2003 Enzo in 2005 and immediately had it delivered to Pininfarina without driving it once.
    -based on the Enzo chassis, but no Enzo body remaining (body panels actually for sale)
    -interior completely changed as well, with roll cage, computer, GPS, MP3, etc etc
    -original untouched Enzo engine, until testing proves reason to change, but unlikely at this point
    -original paddle shift tranny
    -modified exhaust, to suit new body style
    -same underbody clearance, but shorter front overhang
    -custom one-off wheels and run-flat high speed tires
    -to be unveiled at Pebble Beach 2006, and will be in the Pebble Beach Tour down the PCH

Hi

The above is correct except that we won't be using run flats. The AutoWeek CAD Simulation isn't close. It's pretty wild that they would run that on the cover based on speculating from a thread on FCHAT. This one will be interesting. I won't be at Villa d'Est but will be at The Historic Targa with 002C and 0846 which will be at Quail as well.

Best

Quote Originally Posted by Napolis
    Hi

The above is correct except that we won't be using run flats. The AutoWeek CAD Simulation isn't close. It's pretty wild that they would run that on the cover based on speculating from a thread on FCHAT. This one will be interesting. I won't be at Villa d'Est but will be at The Historic Targa with 002C and 0846 which will be at Quail as well.

Best

Jim,

Thanks for your input here. I've been following the F-Chat thread and thought I read something about run-flats or PAX. Thanks for clearing that up. August couldn't come too soon.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariPrinze1
    Do I smell a buggati dominator.since the enzo can already woop it on track!
    says who? i havent seen any videos of a Veyron on track, and unless you have driven one, you cannot comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    says who? i havent seen any videos of a Veyron on track, and unless you have driven one, you cannot comment
    don't start, this guy will rant on and on if you get him started.
    also, why dont they build a new chassis, seems stupid to gut a perfectly good enzo to build a new car, which will probably be jaw dropping sexy
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Thread Information