Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Rice burners

shame on nostalgic americans

people when are the yanks going to realise now that power and speed are produced using technology and clever ideas(there is where americans fall the most short).

American cars are all engine size and nothing else I mean really do u need a 7 litre car to achieve a 0-60 time of +-4secs ....
    NO!

and the only reaon why people are nostalgic about american cars is due to that fact that they where the first "cheap" big engine cars wipee skip.

you have subaru's and skyline's nocking the shit out of american boats on a stock level and little honda's doing it with a couple of modes. and still pulling of the whole handling thing
    (for the americans thats when you have to turn the steering wheel left and right for CORNERS!)

AMERICANS ANSWER TO EVERYTHING THING GO BIGGER.

most countries dont have the defense force budget to go sieze oil from poor 3rd world countries to fill up their 7litre cars

You dweeb 'gut'
    We cherish American cars because of the design, style and horsepower. You would seriously put a WRX up against a 'vette in any of these departments. Take a look at early 'vettes and 'stangs and compare them to you early (expletive deleted) japs.
    400hp and 400lbs of torque from a 5.7L without bullshit addons is brilliant and you're still a dweeb!.
    A pox - a pox I say -
    a pox on all those that cling to the use of the oil-burning horseless carriage and pollute the King's highways and byways.

Originally posted by ozexige
    You dweeb 'gut'
    We cherish American cars because of the design, style and horsepower. You would seriously put a WRX up against a 'vette in any of these departments. Take a look at early 'vettes and 'stangs and compare them to you early (expletive deleted) japs.
    400hp and 400lbs of torque from a 5.7L without bullshit addons is brilliant and you're still a dweeb!.
    hey, wat he says makes sense

u can't be bias abt american cars

although i love em too
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

please people

to get 400 bhp from a 5.7 litre motor is no amazing feat....

discussing this is pointless

and when the car weighs 2 tons 400bhp is nothing

Re: please people

Originally posted by guyt_x
    to get 400 bhp from a 5.7 litre motor is no amazing feat....

discussing this is pointless

and when the car weighs 2 tons 400bhp is nothing
    Yes, if a 'vette weighed 2 tons it would 400hp would be nothing, but as it weighs 1.4 tonnes it has a better power to weight ratio than a Lotus Exige.
    and you're still a dweeb!
    A pox - a pox I say -
    a pox on all those that cling to the use of the oil-burning horseless carriage and pollute the King's highways and byways.

Re: Re: please people

Yes, if a 'vette weighed 2 tons it would 400hp would be nothing, but as it weighs 1.4 tonnes it has a better power to weight ratio than a Lotus Exige.
    and you're still a dweeb!
    hey its not performance only man - how about design - styling - looks???
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Re: ChevysRule STILL

Nice going Chevy, but
    The best distinction to make between American muscle and the Japanese is that there will NEVER be a Japanese-made classic car.
    Well, sorry, but there already are classic Japanese cars.

Toyota 2000GT anyone?

Re: Re: ChevysRule STILL

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Well, sorry, but there already are classic Japanese cars.

Toyota 2000GT anyone?
    nissan 240Z???
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Re: Re: Re: ChevysRule STILL

Originally posted by motorhead
    nissan 240Z???
    Exactly.

Re: Re: Re: Re: ChevysRule STILL

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Exactly.
    Well guys you and I all have our opinions and that's what we're here for - but -
    a '68-'70 240Z or 2000GT can be had VERY CHEAP ($2K) which tends to show their worth as a classic where a '68-'70 vette averages $20K minimum. (similar new $A prices by the way)
    Each to his own.
    A pox - a pox I say -

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. A HG/T/K Monaro against a current Monaro is a stupid comparison. Handling, comfort, safety, not to mention all of the goodies on board leave the older Monaros behind. The old Monaros were great in their day but the high performance examples are heavily modified. Original 13" wheels and tyres are no match for 18" jobs of today. As for the jap vs US argument it comes down to if you want a small car or a large one. If overall perfomance and handling is your thing buy a Lotus. From there on in compromise yourself until you get a balance of comfort, size, features etc. I like larger cars so Id go fo a V8 sedan or coupe. If you can live with something smaller then the japs have it nailed.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by crisis
    Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. A HG/T/K Monaro against a current Monaro is a stupid comparison. ..........
    ............... If overall perfomance and handling is your thing buy a Lotus. ...........
    ............... I like larger cars so Id go fo a V8 sedan or coupe. If you can live with something smaller then the japs have it nailed.
    You post is a bit contradictory -
    nostalgia isn't about being 100% safe or having the best technology it's about owing a car that was fun to drive then AND now. An HG might take some muscle to wrench it around corners not to mention some guts, but that's why I wouldn't turn down a chance to own one.
    Your claim that the Japs have it nailed but you state that the Lotus is the best. Take all the considerations of looks, design and all-round performance - the Japs cant reach the first rung of the 'classic' ladder..
    A pox - a pox I say -

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ChevysRule STILL

Well guys you and I all have our opinions and that's what we're here for - but -
    a '68-'70 240Z or 2000GT can be had VERY CHEAP ($2K) which tends to show their worth as a classic where a '68-'70 vette averages $20K minimum. (similar new $A prices by the way)
    Each to his own.
    While your point is quite relevent regarding the 240z, you actually very wrong about the one I mentioned, the 2000GT. If you saw a $2000 2000GT, BUY IT NOW!

The 2000GT's production number was 300, and they're now often fetchin more than $100,000 through auctions and personal sales.

I think you must have been thinking of a different car...

Re: Re: Re: please people

Originally posted by motorhead
    hey its not performance only man - how about design - styling - looks???
    we are talking abt the engine size
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

Sorry Ozexige, my point is that while a Lotus is among the best purpose built sports cars for racing or pure sports driving for one person, it is heavily compromised in other areas. Jap cars provide good value performance for their size but for some people are compromised by thier smaller size. Larger Sports cars are compromised by their size in other ways. That you enjoy the thrill of struggling with a 70s spec muscle car over a modern Monaro etc is borne out by your username ( preference for pure sports cars ). The reality is they are not Lotuses or Porshces that have good chassis to complement their drivability. Having owned a HQ Monaro and driven HG V8s I can tell you these are not sports cars in the pure sense. The reason you need to struggle with them is because unmodified, they handle like shit. As far as classic jap cars you may have to accept that cars like the Skyline R34 and Honda NSX may well be regarded as such. Put along side such "classics" as certain MGs and other such British cars for example, they are more than worhty of that title.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information