Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what u guys think?

what u guys think?

There is a Nissan Maxima for sale at $500. It seems to run good besides a small exhaust leak, missing headlight, and some dents on the left side fender. what you guys think? Oh and its a 5-speed manual.

What exactly is the mileage?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

If it is a 2006 Maxima with a small exhaust leak, missing headlight, and some dents on the left side fender then I say that's a pretty good deal

Seriously now, year / mileage?

it does have lots of miles on it tho. Oh and its a 1996. It has 200,000 miles...

Check the prices of other similar Maximas to determine if it actually sounds like a good deal. If it does, go look at it, to confirm that it is as described.

If it truly is an excellent deal it's unfortunately probably too late by now. These things tend to get scooped up pretty quick.

I actually did buy it today lol. Just gotta fix it. Other than that it pulls real strong, even below 3000 rpms.

Go to www.autotrader.com and run a power search for Maximas for under $2K and you'll what's out there. $500 seems really low but it may be that to get this car road worthy you'll spend quite a bit of money. A car that's actually in running condition, might cost a little more, but you don't have to start sinking money in it immediately...
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Good luck with that.... 200,000 miles...even for a japanese car is alot....still if treat it right it should have some more miles left in it...and for $500? thats CRAZY cheap.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SLoppYJeeP
    Good luck with that.... 200,000 miles...even for a japanese car is alot....still if treat it right it should have some more miles left in it...and for £270 ($500)? thats CRAZY cheap.
    remember most cars (at least in Europe) will survive until 250k miles is cared fort and not abused, but normally the wear and tear on the interior puts people off!

The only thing wrong with the interior is a very small rip in the leather emergency brake. Other than that the interior is in good condition!

I took the maxima on the lift today and it has a cat converter leaking... The new cat will cost $160. If I replace the whole exhaust system it will cost an additional $220. There is a performance cat back by HKS that costs $360, I am confused at which one to get lol. Stock oem vs. performance..hmm. Left headlight will cost $80, new left fender $109. It will all equal out to about $500 to get it roadworthy... Worth it or no? I really don't want to get it trashed... its pretty fun to drive a stick car for once! Not to mention the power it has from that V6!

Quote Originally Posted by benzdriver101
    I took the maxima on the lift today and it has a cat converter leaking... The new cat will cost $160. If I replace the whole exhaust system it will cost an additional $220. There is a performance cat back by HKS that costs $360, I am confused at which one to get lol. Stock oem vs. performance..hmm. Left headlight will cost $80, new left fender $109. It will all equal out to about $500 to get it roadworthy... Worth it or no? I really don't want to get it trashed... its pretty fun to drive a stick car for once! Not to mention the power it has from that V6!
    I wouldnt bother with any performance parts, its just throwing your money away with a car like that.
    Get the OEM parts, and change all the fluids.

Unless this car has a really strong drivetrain even after 200k miles, I'd use it as a patch-n-go. No need for HKS exhaust or even a full cat-back unless the current one falls off. There's an excitement when you get a new car to do stuff, resist the temptation...High-mile cars look best as high-mile cars not dolled-up pseudo sports sedans.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Yea I guess I will stick with the OEM parts then, plus they are cheaper too. It's just when i see all the other maxima videos and how fast they are, it gets me excited lol. Just looked up the performance stats and 0-60 is 6.6 or somewhere around that, thats pretty fast!

Quote Originally Posted by benzdriver101
    Yea I guess I will stick with the OEM parts then, plus they are cheaper too. It's just when i see all the other maxima videos and how fast they are, it gets me excited lol. Just looked up the performance stats and 0-60 is 6.6 or somewhere around that, thats pretty fast!
    There are "fast" maxima videos? lol...

Thread Information