Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultima Breaks its own World Record....again!

Ultima Breaks its own World Record....again!

ULTIMA CROWNED TRIPLE 0-100mph-0 WORLD RECORD HOLDERS!

The Ultima Factory who are the current world record holders, have for the third consecutive year smashed the world record for sprinting to 100mph and back to zero again in the all conquering, multiple world record holding 200mph Ultima GTR supercar.

Driven by Ultima Director, Richard Marlow, the British built and designed Ultima GTR road car set a new world record time of a staggering 9.4 secs for the 0-100mph-0 sprint. The GTR scorched from 0-60mph in 2.6 secs, 0-100mph in 5.3 secs and braked to zero from 100mph in a mind blowing 3.6 secs, which are all in themselves road car world record times.

The Ultima GTR used for the successful record attempt was the factory’s standard production specification Ultima GTR640 demonstrator, which has recently been upgraded with a 720bhp Chevrolet V8 engine, and hence now known as the Ultima GTR720. The GTR720 was fully road legal, road tyred and equipped with a standard 5 speed G50 transmission and a standard production engine option from Ultima’s official OE engine suppliers American Speed. No traction control devices or ABS braking aids were used.

Richard Marlow commented, “ We always knew that the Ultima was more than capable of achieving performance figures of this caliber. There is no other supercar in history which can match the pace of the Ultima GTR in this discipline. Furthermore the GTR720 is available at a fraction of the price of all other supercars and is also fantastic to drive at more sedate road speeds with its road friendly engine. It is currently being used as my daily driver in all weather conditions. I expect with these latest officially verified world records for the Ultima GTR to retain its title for a long time into the future as the fastest accelerating and decelerating supercar of all time. Along with all of our other previous world records we have achieved over the past couple of years, this is a superb showcase to officially demonstrate to the world just what the Ultima is capable of achieving and we have gained unprecedented worldwide automotive recognition and respect for our marque in the process”.

Ted Marlow commented, “ Quite frankly the Ultima has opened up a new league of road car performance with these new independently verified figures. The Ultima GTR with its superior power to weight ratio is now over two seconds quicker from 0-100mph-0 than the £750,000 McLaren F1 LM, and over one and a half seconds quicker than the £450,000 Ferrari Enzo. What’s more the GTR720 performed these world beating statistics consistently and reliably time after time. The mind boggling 30-70mph time of just 1.8 seconds is further proof that the Ultima is so far ahead of any other car in terms of outright performance.

This new catalogue of Ultima world records was once again strictly conducted, overseen and verified by an official from “Datron Technology” who are acknowledged by the Guinness Book of Records and the motoring press as official timekeepers.. The use of their official Microsat GPS timing equipment which is based on incorruptible data provides irrefutable proof of the astonishing Ultima times. The Ultima GTR720 used for these records which is a company demonstrator was driven to and from the test venue.

Vid of the successful record attempt here - www.ultimacars.com/video/UltimaRecord2006.wmv
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Though I wouldn't own one, I reckon it's quite a car, this is a massive achievement, congratulations to Ultima.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I wonder what the veyron does it in it has to be longer due to the enursia but still with all that technology it should be good

The ultima every pushes itself forward setting nurburg ring times )-100-0 times if they just made the car more user friendly/ super car version with reasnable luxuries they could start selling them as road cars instead of track day cars, now wouldnt that be cool
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

ultima is based in the town where i live when i'm not at uni

i don't generally see that many around though, which is suprising

also noble used to build their cars about 3 miles from my house before they transferred out to to south africa

EDIT: wow i've been to the mcdonalds in the video. spilt my coke from there in my car one time

Quote Originally Posted by matek
    I wonder what the veyron does it in it has to be longer due to the enursia but still with all that technology it should be good

The ultima every pushes itself forward setting nurburg ring times )-100-0 times if they just made the car more user friendly/ super car version with reasnable luxuries they could start selling them as road cars instead of track day cars, now wouldnt that be cool
    inertia
    Last edited by derekthetree; 06-06-2006 at 02:44 PM.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    ultima is based in the town where i live when i'm not at uni

i don't generally see that many around though, which is suprising

also noble used to build their cars about 3 miles from my house before they transferred out to to south africa

EDIT: wow i've been to the mcdonalds in the video. spilt my coke from there in my car one time

inertia
    surprising
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

inertia yeah wrong spelling
    TVR, Heres to Peter wheeler and his last creationg of the Scamander.

Coventry seriously sucks....

That thing is stupid fast...a good stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    That thing is stupid fast...a good stupid.
    A good stupid??

Anyway that things fast! I wish I had an engine like that on my tractor... lol..
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Othr_Canuck
    Anyway that things fast! I wish I had an engine like that on my tractor... lol..
    That would make for quite a fast tractor...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    lol too bad the challenge doesn't look so incredible..see left to my own imagination i see flaming tires, a screaming delirous audience and not a car but rather a flash of red that sounds like thunder..this is why movies don't always turn out so good but it is an incredible car.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

I tell you, I want one.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

0-100 s 0.7 seconds slower for the VW, and I'm guessing that it takes 3 tonnes more than 3.4 seconds to stop from 100 - just because it costs so much doesn't mean it can break the laws of physics.

It says a lot that a < £100,000 car that you can cobble together yourself if you choose can spank the pants off cars worth 5 times as much that use the most advanced technologies in the world.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 06-07-2006 at 01:23 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

if they just made the car more user friendly/ super car version with reasnable luxuries they could start selling them as road cars instead of track day cars, now wouldnt that be cool
    I think you'll find that they're quite user friendly already. Most of the Ulti's i've sat in have full leather or alacantara interiors; they're much more comfortable than the F50 I sat in and they add pretty much nothing to the weight. A friend of mine uses his Ulti on a daily basis, even in the winter.

Unlike most supercars, it is actually quite petit so parking it is far easier than parking a Veyron or equivalent supercar. Yes, the interior is not as luxurious as the Veyron ... but would you pay an extra £790,000 just for an interior that could be compared to that in a cheap Bentley?

The car must be supremely set-up, with no traction control or ABS to achieve those figures. Very impressive. I can actually say Ive seen one of them on the roads too, prob not this top model, but an Ultima nonetheless.
    Porsche!

I read somewhere that they used a driver with some skill instead.

Thread Information