Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: favorite american car

Hmm hard question. Ford GT40 MKII or the Shelby Cobra 427. New age would have to be either C6 Z06 or Ford GT or S7TT.

A few of my favorites

A true entusiast admits his brand`s faults while a bugler refuse them.

I'm a big fan of muscle cars, I just don't like those ugly american cars from 90's(except the Mustangs and Corvettes from that decade)

I like lots of Camaros, but the IROC-Z from 80's is very special
    W86CH_HV01.jpg

from the Corvette club my favourite is the Greenwood GTO
    CC-Greenwood_GTO-coupe_01.jpgCC-Greenwood_GTO-coupe_02.jpg

and finally, a NASCAR monster, the Plymouth Road Runner Superbird
    Plymouth Superbird 1970 11.jpg

'65 GTO

Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    '65 GTO

the last three GTOs were produced in 1964.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

maybe he's like me in that any random year from 1960-1975 seems to suffice for american muscle cars, haha.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the last three GTOs were produced in 1964.
    God...damn...anoraks...

I knew the car I liked but not the exact year, I found the car in Wikipedia and that pic was labeled a '65.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

God...damn...anoraks...

I knew the car I liked but not the exact year, I found the car in Wikipedia and that pic was labeled a '65.
    I think you missed the point. The only car that can be addressed as GTO without anything else is the Ferrari 250 GTO, produced from 1962-1964....Pontiac stole the acronym, so I assume you meant Pontiac GTO 1965......and I think most Americans wouldn't even have a clue what GTO stands for...
    Last edited by henk4; 06-05-2008 at 10:59 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think you missed the point. The only car that can be addressed as GTO without anything else is the Ferrari 250 GTO, produced from 1962-1964....Pontiac stole the acronym, so I assume you meant Pontiac GTO 1965......and I think most Americans wouldn't even have a clue what GTO stands for...
    Don't be so mean Pieter.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well...since it is a thread asking specifically for our favorite American car I figured the distinction would be moot...apparantly I was wrong.
    Americans might not know or care that their GTO was never a homologated special but Austrlians do, our GT-HO raced Bathurst dammnit.
    Last edited by P4g4nite; 06-05-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Well...since it is a thread asking specifically for our favorite American car I figured the distinction would be moot...apparantly I was wrong.
    I am zealously keen on jumping on this blatant example of american piracy every time I see it........

Most wouldn't, but... Gran Turismo Omologato which translates to Homologated Grand Touring. I can't say I don't agree with you, but not all of us are blinded by national pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Most wouldn't, but... Gran Turismo Omologato which translates to Homologated Grand Touring. I can't say I don't agree with you, but not all of us are blinded by national pride.
    Probably most Italians don't know what GTO stands for, or the significance of the 250. Being more concerned with wine and scooters and the cultivation of body hair I expect..

Joking about the body hair, don't ban me.

and my favourite american race car is the Corvette GTP
    gtp1.jpggtp2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    true, I did say "most" Americans.....
    anyway, homologated might not go down very well in certain religious circles.....

Thread Information