Thread: Lamborghini Diablo (II) VT Roadster 1998-2000

Lamborghini Diablo (II) VT Roadster 1998-2000

Lamborghini Diablo Roadster #2

Quote Originally Posted by LamboCars.com

During the Paris Auto show in October 1998, Automobili Lamborghini SpA presented an evolution of their Diablo series, the car had been redesigned to keep up with the current trends and also to set it apart from the earlier Diablo's.

Naturally the VT Roadster was also modified for the 1999 model year, like the other Diablo's in the range, the front received new, fixed headlight units while the wheels became 18-inch, to be able to cover the enlarged perforated disc brakes. From 1999 a Lucas derived ABS system by Kelsey Hays was used on all Diablo's, so stopping the Devil at high speeds became a little less frightening.

The interior of the Roadster was redesigned into the MY 1999 specifications, the steering wheel used an integrated airbag and the passenger side airbag was neatly integrated into the dashboard, a top array of indicators were located above the standard speedometer mounted in a new console.
    The 1999 modifications also included an increase of power-output from 492 to 530 Bhp, perhaps an academic value but surely noticeable by the experienced driver, the entire engine management system was modified, these new engines could be recognized by the 'Valve Timing Management' inscription on the central cover over the intake manifolds.

Since this would become the final evolution of the Diablo VT Roadster it became an instant collector's item, these were the finest driving Diablo's ever and with the added bonus of open-top driving it was one of the most desirable cars made.

As on the previous edition Roadster it was possible to have the rear wing installed as an option, although on the SV and VT this seems a good idea, on the Roadster I don't like it very much.

On the 2000 Detroit Auto Show, the Diablo 6.0 was presented and the production for the VT Roadster was halted, together with the SV production. At the beginning of 2000, a limited production run of 30 Millennium Roadsters were built, after that all production efforts went into the Diablo VT and development of the Diablo successor.

Automobili Lamborghini SpA intends to have a new Roadster ready by 2003, of course this one will be based on the successor to the current Diablo, which is still to be presented at the 2001 Geneva Auto Show.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gt1Street; 05-03-2008 at 06:14 AM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

more...
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Heres another one:

Lamborghini Diablo Roadster #9
    Last edited by Gt1Street; 05-03-2008 at 06:16 AM.
    Fasten seat belt while seated

Lamborghini Diablo Roadster #10
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Thread Information