Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audi R15 TDI 2009-2010

finally some decent images of the rear, I was getting curious.
    I had the feeling Audi will kick a lot of asses, again.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

This thing looks to me like it's from the future and that it's gonna beat Peugeot and Acura and Aston Martin because of it.

All your Le Mans are belong to us.

And I jizz - in - my pants!

Hallo, i need a few high res Pictures, can someone can tell me a good resource?

I need it for printing some 1,5m x1m Posters.

Thanks.

There is a decent High-ish res gallery on NASCAR News, F1 News, and Racing News on SPEED - SPEEDtv.com
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Rivals query Audi R15 legality

The eligibility of the Sebring 12 Hours-winning Audi R15 TDI has been questioned by the German manufacturer's rivals, this week's AUTOSPORT magazine reveals.

Peugeot, Aston Martin Racing and ORECA are among the teams seeking a rules clarification on key elements of the radical R15. They have questioned the way Audi has used the bodywork for aerodynamic effect.

The key area of the R15 under discussion is the front aero package and, in particular, a flap above the front splitter. Audi's rivals claim this constitutes as aerodynamic element and is therefore contrary to the regulations.

The LMP1 regulations state that "with the exception of the rear wing... no bodywork or underbody element having a wing profile is permitted". Audi's rival believe that the splitter element contravenes this regulation.

Aston Martin Racing team principal George Howard-Chappell said: "It looks like it acts exactly like a flap on a wing, with the splitter arrangement acting as the main plane."

Openings on the engine cover and some of the ducting at the side of the car have also been called in question.

"The question is what constitutes an aerodynamic opening and what constitutes a radiator duct?" said Howard-Chappell.

Peugeot is pushing for changes to the R15, despite the car passing scrutineering at Sebring.

"We do not have the same interpretation of the rules as Audi," said Peugeot Sport team manager Serge Saulnier. "I do not think this issue is closed."

A clarification of the rule is imminent, according to Remy Brouard, the new director-general of Le Mans organiser the Automobile Club de l'Ouest.

"We are speaking with everyone, Audi, Peugeot and Acura, to try to clarify these points," he said. "It is the same with any rulebook."

Asked if the ACO could force Audi to modify the R15, Brouard replied: "I cannot answer that question."

It is understood that Audi has rejected overtures from the ACO to make revisions. It has argued that the car was homologated ahead of Sebring and therefore is clear to race in that form.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I love that site.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

Thread Information