Thread: Morgan 3 Wheeler road test and the latest news ...

Morgan 3 Wheeler road test and the latest news ...

One of the most exciting cars launched this year was no doubt the reborn Morgan 3 Wheeler. After trying one for size at the Geneva Motor Show, we set up an appointment to drive one as soon as possible. That opportunity came nearly six months later when we were handed the keys to one of the pre-production models. By that time the order book had more than filled up with well over 500 orders and a waiting list of more than a year. Judging from the sales figures alone, Morgan certainly had struck gold and we ventured out to find if the car lived up to these high expectations. Whether it did can be read in our Morgan 3 Wheeler road test illustrated by a 30-shot gallery of 'our' example in action and stationary around the lovely Malvern Hills.
    At the last minute, Audi have revealed a pocket-sized Christmas present; the A1 quattro. The first four-wheel drive A1, the compact machine is equipped with a 256 hp engine and six-speed gearbox. Available only in white with a black roof, production of the A1 quattro is strictly limited to just 333 examples.
    While most of us are preparing for the holidays, the major manufacturers are readying their releases for the North American International Auto Show, scheduled to kick off on January 9th in Detroit. After a single teaser picture last week, Lexus have now released three shots and the name of the LF-LC, which will debut at the NAIAS. Although little else has been confirmed, we do know that the 2+2 Coupe is equipped with a hybrid drivetrain. Sister company Toyota will use the Detroit stage to show the NS4 Concept, which also features hybrid propulsion.

Enjoy the links:

Morgan 3 Wheeler Road Test - Ultimatecarpage.com - Powered by knowledge, driven by passion

2012 Lexus LF-LC Concept - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Audi A1 quattro - Images, Specifications and Information

2012 Toyota NS4 Concept - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Interesting, the addition of a road test alongside the usual in-depth articles.

Will this become a permanent feature on the main site?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

^^^ I hope so.

I love the Audi. 252 bhp, thats a lot of power in a small car, more than i expected.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Great album of the 3 Wheeler, Wouter. And I am sure it was a blast to drive. I have seriously considered getting one if the boss (and the funds) would allow.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Nice articles. An MX5 gearbox makes sense, but curious why Morgan chose belt drive instead of a swing axle shaft which is simpler.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Lots of additional expense for a shaft drive.
    "Tradition" Morgan's big thing !!
    Also with it being a big thumper V twin a belt helps to absorb the torque pulses.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Entertaining article wouter and I'm sure it was an even more entertaining drive.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information